• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Seattle was a run heavy team

1 hour ago, rodeo said:

Russ did not have some immaculate deep ball on the Seahawks. In fact most of his deep passes were wobblers that his receivers made adjustments for in a way that Mingo could not even dream about.

Bryce threw some beautiful deep balls to Jameson Williams at Alabama. Now that he has a couple NFL quality receivers (hopefully), he should be fine running that scheme.

People said all this exact same poo about Tua after year 1. He can't throw deep, he has a weak arm, etc. Then they signed Tyreek Hill and suddenly he had a great deep ball. Amazing how that works.

I'm sincerely happy to see there are still level-headed individuals around here.

• Pie 1

What is this Tua hype and revisionist history about? They are loaded with talent and he was mostly awful in their last playoff game and is changing his throwing motion to try to appease the Dolphins.

Can we stop acting like this is a good comparison to our #1 pick?

• Pie 1

Against the Chiefs Tua threw the ball 39 times and finished with 5.1 yards per attempt. With all the weapons on that offense.

And people really pile in here trying to act like it's favorable to compare our top pick to him.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

Against the Chiefs Tua threw the ball 39 times and finished with 5.1 yards per attempt. With all the weapons on that offense.

And people really pile in here trying to act like it's favorable to compare our top pick to him.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Didn't he not beat a winning team all season while putting up pro-bowl numbers? 

Faster, better arm, bigger....still a weak point for his playoff team with all of that talent around him. People are so twisted up in the Panther fan base that they can't tell how ungrounded they are at this point.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Didn't he not beat a winning team all season while putting up pro-bowl numbers? 

Faster, better arm, bigger....still a weak point for his playoff team with all of that talent around him. People are so twisted up in the Panther fan base that they can't tell how ungrounded they are at this point.

I believe you are correct. Everyone remembers that record setting drubbing of the Broncos but that was the highlight of their season. They have very good coaching overall and they have a ton of talent. With a better QB they could have knocked off the Chiefs IMO.

We aren't even in the conversation of the Dolphins until proven otherwise. We couldn't even get in the end zone against the lowly Chicago Bears. We got shutout and blown out by the CJ Beathard led Jaguars for fugs sake. We can't even compete with bad teams let alone run up the score on them.

To me if I'm being completely realistic if I'm the GM and my job is on the line and I feel like Tua is Bryce Young's ceiling I'm drafting QB in the first round next year unless he just magically has a season like Stroud did last year. That's it.

I'm genuinely not trying to be abrasive about this it just gets really mind numbing eventually that we keep lowering the bar down down down down down and it's like hey it's fine to have expectations. And if you have a young QB in his prime and he isn't giving you at least prime Jake Delhomme arm talent it's time to keep looking for a QB.

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, frankw said:

I believe you are correct. Everyone remembers that record setting drubbing of the Broncos but that was the highlight of their season. They have very good coaching overall and they have a ton of talent. With a better QB they could have knocked off the Chiefs IMO.

We aren't even in the conversation of the Dolphins until proven otherwise. We couldn't even get in the end zone against the lowly Chicago Bears. We got shutout and blown out by the CJ Beathard led Jaguars for fugs sake. We can't even compete with bad teams let alone run up the score on them.

To me if I'm being completely realistic if I'm the GM and my job is on the line and I feel like Tua is Bryce Young's ceiling I'm drafting QB in the first round next year unless he just magically has a season like Stroud did last year. That's it.

I'm genuinely not trying to be abrasive about this it just gets really mind numbing eventually that we keep lowering the bar down down down down down and it's like hey it's fine to have expectations. And if you have a young QB in his prime and he isn't giving you at least prime Jake Delhomme arm talent it's time to keep looking for a QB.

They won't draft another QB the owner loves him lol. And once they pay him his help level will decrease. What a waste of a great roster and coaching staff. The media wrote them off half way through the season last year because they were so weak against contenders. McDan will get fired after that extension when they are still not winning in the postseason and I am curious how he matures through that process. His 2nd HC gig could get someone a SB, his talent is there for sure. 

The bar is so low it's in the ground. People are just losing their minds with another Tepper quality Panther year lined up while others are just doing fan things, irrational to anyone but them but that is also normal in any fandom. I go away for a bit and come back for the laughs. Poor fans, it's freaking bleak and this go around isn't much better than the last just some changes in the SSDD approach that has been the norm the last couple of years. Sign the best OGs for too much and then use scraps at center just lol. 

• Beer 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, rodeo said:

Russ did not have some immaculate deep ball on the Seahawks. In fact most of his deep passes were wobblers that his receivers made adjustments for in a way that Mingo could not even dream about.

Bryce threw some beautiful deep balls to Jameson Williams at Alabama. Now that he has a couple NFL quality receivers (hopefully), he should be fine running that scheme.

People said all this exact same poo about Tua after year 1. He can't throw deep, he has a weak arm, etc. Then they signed Tyreek Hill and suddenly he had a great deep ball. Amazing how that works.

Yes... he threw some beautiful deep balls to Williams 3 years ago.... but he didnt do it the next year at alabama or last year in the NFL.  This has already been pointed out and serves hardly any purpose to be relevant now. Its the same as someone still posting his college highlights.

Mingo couldnt make any adjustments because bryce flat out missed him.

Mingo stat. Lost yards on uncatchable balls - Carolina Panthers - Carolina Huddle

Edited by CPF4LIFE
  • Pie 2

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Yes... he threw some beautiful deep balls to Williams 3 years ago.... but he didnt do it the next year at alabama or last year in the NFL.  This has already been pointed out and serves hardly any purpose to be relevant now. Its the same as someone still posting his college highlights.

Mingo couldnt make any adjustments because bryce flat out missed him.

When you have to bring up college to defend Young after there is 16 games of tape its probably best to delete the post before hitting submit.   His college play is totally and completely irrelevant at this point.

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

40 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

When you have to bring up college to defend Young after there is 16 games of tape its probably best to delete the post before hitting submit.   His college play is totally and completely irrelevant at this point.

No it isn't. 😅😅😅

If someone says he can't throw X many yards because he didn't do it last year, but he threw it X plus 10 yards in college, that shows he can. He may not have done it in Carolina, but that doesn't mean he can't do it. There is a real possibility that there were extenuating circumstances. These definitive but inaccurate statements are also known as hot takes or gross exaggerations.

Just now, Navy_football said:

No it isn't. 😅😅😅

If someone says he can't throw X many yards because he didn't do it last year, but he threw it X plus 10 yards in college, that shows he can. He may not have done it in Carolina, but that doesn't mean he can't do it. There is a real possibility that there were extenuating circumstances. These definitive but inaccurate statements are also known as hot takes or gross exaggerations.

With a running throw in a gap in the line against school level competition with a smaller ball while his WRs slow up to catch it? That is his reality and not a hot take. His film from then proves it. 

Can he throw it far? Sure. Can he do it well? No and he was so bad at it that he didn't even want to try when guys were open deep lol

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

8 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

No it isn't. 😅😅😅

That’s about all that would be relevant though. You could find something else I’m sure, but the point being attempted by most college video posters is almost exclusively not that. 

Normally it’s him, running plays against college guys. And the people doing that usually try to show him achieving, not totally understanding the real level difference between college players and NFLers. 

I know we disagree on his arm, I do see some things he can do, but his game is college. IMO. And showing him winning there, well that’s about all it proves. He could win there. I was good for him and good for Alabama fans, doesn’t help us now.