• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Does anyone actually think Bryce will actually be good?

20 minutes ago, strato said:

I don’t think being taken 1st overall tells Young he is too small. Fans thought so. It is a factor you can’t say it isn’t. 

The other guys overcame it.

You seem to be proclaiming he will. Your opinion. 

Haven't implied that at all. 

While you and everybody else whom can't stand Young, have already wrote the book on him. 

17 minutes ago, strato said:

I don’t think being taken 1st overall tells Young he is too small. Fans thought so. It is a factor you can’t say it isn’t. 

The other guys overcame it.

You seem to be proclaiming he will. Your opinion. 

Plus there is also the positional difference. 

Bryce isn’t just small.  Since the 1940s….it’s basically a discussion of who was smaller between Bryce and Floutie.  Bryce is uniquely small.   

you can stay in 89s era and find small guys doing big things 

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, CRA said:

Plus there is also the positional difference. 

Bryce isn’t just small.  Since the 1940s….it’s basically a discussion of who was smaller between Bryce and Floutie.  Bryce is uniquely small.   

you can stay in 89s era and find small guys doing big things 

And the game has gotten much faster since Flutie’s days. Bigger, stronger, faster across the board. Athletic freaks on D.

I read an article on arm strength and release times for QB. This is a snip:

Let’s say, for example, a cornerback is traveling at 15 MPH to track a throw. All else being equal, giving that defender an extra 0.05 seconds allows them to cover an additional 1.1 feet. Now, obviously, a quarterback’s arm strength factors into that equation, but this just highlights why having a quick release can be so beneficial.

https://medium.com/@thetim_dix/video-analysis-quantifying-the-arm-legs-and-mind-of-qb-kyler-murray-a0fae27c7594

Extrapolate that with different velocities and you can see where it gives defenders a better chance to make a play. That was a thing for me, with Young’s arm being questionable. And the footwork, that tippy toe isn’t what you want to see and the extra skip step takes extra time. And space.

I figure camp preseason  and the first three or four games it will be clear if he has what it takes. 

Edited by strato

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

Haven't implied that at all. 

While you and everybody else whom can't stand Young, have already wrote the book on him. 

Denying others’ criticisms certainly implies that you hold the opposite opinion. Really, it does. 

Edited by strato

1 minute ago, pantherclaw said:

You should take your own advice.  

That ain’t advice. Before right now, have I personally insulted you?

You really seem to have reading comprehension issues. 

2 hours ago, KSpan said:

As an honest question here, what level of performance "proves the doubters wrong"? Guy was the #1 overall pick and came at a tall price. I fully expect him to achieve Bridgewater-like numbers and eventually be at that level of player, but that sure doesn't justify the #1 overall and doesn't prove anyone wrong. Are we talking something like consistent years of top 10 QB play as the threshold for "proving the doubters wrong"?

Bro people here act like he isn't even fit to be in the NFL. I think he will show he is a franchise QB, take that for what its worth. Don't really care what you think he will achieve, you like all the other posters here including me don't actually know fug about poo or poo about fug when it comes to what Bryce can and can't do and how to evaluate and train a QB. No matter how much we like to think so. 

26 minutes ago, PanthersGTI said:

Bro people here act like he isn't even fit to be in the NFL. I think he will show he is a franchise QB, take that for what its worth. Don't really care what you think he will achieve, you like all the other posters here including me don't actually know fug about poo or poo about fug when it comes to what Bryce can and can't do and how to evaluate and train a QB. No matter how much we like to think so. 

Andy Dalton was a franchise QB... just sayin'. That's not impressing anyone.

And I explained what my expectations were as framework for the meaningless "doubters" comment that is almost as bad as "haters" being tossed around. This type of response adds nothing to a conversation where you yourself issued a challenge and I simply asked what the criteria were. It's not hard to see that a guy like Bryce has a bigger hill to climb than the average player and may not have been the smartest investment with that pick, but it's exactly that investment that drives up the expectations and sets the bar high. Dude was individually terrible last year, as was the offense as a whole - gonna take more than middle-of-the-pack QB stats and for multiple years to "prove the doubters wrong".

• Pie 2

39 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I do in fact still think Bryce can be good. Yes. 

Its a possibility, i just think its a small one.

Also, when it you define good you have to take into consideration if that good is enough for the panthers to invest long term.