• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Every Big-Time Throw from Bryce Young and CJ Stroud in 2023

16 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Strengths of his that had a 100% chance at carrying over to his pro game. 

Was there literally anything Bryce did well in college that had a 100% chance at carrying over?

Super elite processing ability?

Mini Peyton Manning?

Trying Not To Laugh Season 3 GIF by The Office

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • The D 2
  • Flames 1

Really one of the biggest talking points about Bryce Young pre-draft  that was supposed to translate and separate him from the rest of the draft class was ability to improvise within the pocket and buy himself time to make plays and make use of his processing ability.

But then I guess the staff got him in Carolina and got a good look at the footwork and all that went out the window.

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Lame Duck said:

I noticed CJ WRs were head and shoulders better.

Also the oline/protection was really good for CJ. As was the overall scheme that they designed for their offense. CJ definitely deserves a lot of credit he made a lot of elite throws, but at the same time Hats off to the Texans for implementing a system for their young QB to succeed in. The complete opposite of what the Panthers did for Young.

Edit: And for those that say Bryce doesn't have an "NFL" arm the throw at 1:25 disproves that theory. That is one of the harder passes if not the hardest pass to make in the NFL. Opposite side of the hash ~25-30 yard out route and it was on the money

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin
  • Pie 8

3 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

Strengths of his that had a 100% chance at carrying over to his pro game. 

Was there literally anything Bryce did well in college that had a 100% chance at carrying over?

I don’t know what video people are watching because I saw more incompletions and what looked like less pressure for Young. There is no way you can watch those and think Young is in the same ballpark as CJ. Several throws that Young just cannot make with his arm, period. CJ’s pocket wasn’t as clean but he was throwing it deeper on average. It’s done and there are no take backs but those videos don’t encourage me much. Young has a ways to go to be in the solid QB club and might not ever get there.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 4

So much confirmation bias with you guys. Not even an attempt to be objective. Not even trying. Like the guy said earlier. If you don't like the QB, just say so. Then don't get on the bandwagon if he turns into the guy. No take backs. Line in the sand. 

• Pie 5

2 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

If you don't like the QB, just say so. Then don't get on the bandwagon if he turns into the guy. No take backs. Line in the sand. 

We have had 2 long term starters at QB in nearly 30 years.

People have a right to be skeptical after one of the worst rookie seasons ever.

Kyle Allen Teddy Bridgewater Sam Darnold. Tell me right now you feel like he's shown anything that with certainty makes you feel like he's head and shoulders better than any of them.

It's like if someone had said this about Jimmy Clausen after the 2010 season. Make no mistake that's the only comparison he's in line with at the moment. I don't like it either but that's the situation.

You guys have to stop playing the I'm a better fan card.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 6
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Navy_football said:

So much confirmation bias with you guys. Not even an attempt to be objective. Not even trying. Like the guy said earlier. If you don't like the QB, just say so. Then don't get on the bandwagon if he turns into the guy. No take backs. Line in the sand. 

It’s hard to be objective on such a polarizing topic.  Half the time I want to stick up for Bryce cause he’s being relentlessly flogged and beaten like a drum . Then half the time I want to hate on him because people are making him out to be a victim like he’s a mistreated blind puppy with a Sarah McLachlan song playing in the background.

The other half of the time I just say fug it. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 4