• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good film breakdown of Young. Good and bad. Film examples

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

I don't get this logic.  I mean, John Fox found some success here or there too when his stubborn run game wasn't working well.   His risk taking QB would just chuck it up for 89.  Baker was chucking it up to Mike Evans. 

I mean, Pete, Fox, Ron all had their ideal version of how to play football.  When the run wasn't working, they all could find some success in the air.  It's just inconsistent football for them. 

its proverbial .500 ball in the modern era.  Preseason should be fun to see what DC has installed. 

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

propping up Canales and calling him an innovator for having a bottom half offense in a horrible horrible division is pretty wild

Ive said all along Dave is a fine hire.  A fine hire.  The best tepper could do under the circumstances that he created.  But if you dont see the major red hurricane level beach flags with this hire then you are blind.  I hope it works, I really do but come on.......

Takes 5 mins to hop on YT throw on some Baker highlights and see that a lot of Baker’s big completions aren’t balls Young will throw or quite frankly is capable of throwing

Canales isn’t a Bobby Slowik where he’s scheming guys wide ass open

6 hours ago, *FreeFua* said:

How did this “innovative” narrative start with Canales? Just because he’s young?

He truly wants to run the ball and nothing Tampa did last year was all that creative. Mike Evans ability to win 1 on 1 does wonders for an offense as a whole 

It's gotta be the youth, but Andy Reid is innovative too, yet I think he and Adam hung out as kids. 

Posted (edited)

Yeah Canales' offense was pretty bland. He just does a really good job of hiding what he is doing with motions, formations, and making people guess at play actions.

He has literally said in a press conference that their motions and formations are the pillars of what they do. 

He and Shane Waldron are from the same stock- check out some of the Seattle highlights too from years past, looks similar to what he did in Tampa. 

Edited by ProcessBlue2
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

43 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Takes 5 mins to hop on YT throw on some Baker highlights and see that a lot of Baker’s big completions aren’t balls Young will throw or quite frankly is capable of throwing

Canales isn’t a Bobby Slowik where he’s scheming guys wide ass open

He’s the qb whisperer, however as lucky as it may be that those qb’s walked into stacked WR rooms. Canales can just as easily be a con artist charlatan 

1 hour ago, ProcessBlue2 said:

Yeah Canales' offense was pretty bland. He just does a really good job of hiding what he is doing with motions, formations, and making people guess at play actions.

He has literally said in a press conference that their motions and formations are the pillars of what they do. 

He and Shane Waldron are from the same stock- check out some of the Seattle highlights too from years past, looks similar to what he did in Tampa. 

In addition to BY fixing his footwork and all that, This offense will need a lot more under center calls to be convincing and BY still didn’t look very comfortable with that even late into last year.  Sanders sucked but who really know who was handing off the wrong direction, the lobs to interceptions after faking the hand offs, just wasn’t good

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

In addition to BY fixing his footwork and all that, This offense will need a lot more under center calls to be convincing and BY still didn’t look very comfortable with that even late into last year.  Sanders sucked but who really know who was handing off the wrong direction, the lobs to interceptions after faking the hand offs, just wasn’t good

Bryce is going to have to play a great deal from under center if we are going to stop being so predictable offensively and more importantly actually score touchdowns.

When you pair being in shotgun 90% of the time with the fact no one on defense had to worry about us going deep downfield how could we even have effectively judged our running backs?

And even when we had games where the run game was producing our passing game was a downgrade from even Teddy Bridgewater.

You can see why Canales wanted a 6 year deal eh?

No pressure Dave.

• Beer 1

22 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

Care to elaborate? 20 minutes of BY film is a lot to digest

I’m sorry friend

wanted to get it out there because I felt it was fair and balanced…something I’ve stopped being with Young as I simply feel he is a bad fit for the NFL.

…alas, sometimes life interferes with the HUDDLE. I had intended to do a top 8 synopsis of good and bad but…obligations 

• Beer 1

Damn why'd he have to throw in a clip of CJ's significantly better velocity? lol. Almost none of BY's throws are on a rope, most are dive bombing as they get to the WR hence the lack of Yac on a lot of them. Even if it's only a couple yards if he could hit these guy so they aren't going to their knees just to get the catch it would make a big difference