• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Dak Prescott

If in 2024 Brice Young doesn't show improvement and there aren't any surefire franchise QBs in the 2025 draft. 

Dak is done in Dallas after 2024. Would you consider Dak?

For me I've never been a huge Prescott fan but with Canales's ability to bring a QB along it's an interesting thought.

This is a very interesting thought Dak is a very good QB who hits all areas of the field accurately. If he would take a very respectable deal leaving us a little money to add more playmakers I'd be more then happy with a top 15 QB running the show here. It'd be a treat to have a QB who throws deep accurate and hits out routes consistently, our only gripe would be his clutch gene but that's more of a playoff thing and we're just trying to not get a top 5 draft pick next two years lol.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

a) we dont know as of now the qb situation for 2025, something always seems to happen during the season

b)If DC cannot fix a number one overall pick doesnt that go against the narrative that he is some qb whisperer?

Not with coach killer Bryce at the helm

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, trucpfan said:

This is a very interesting thought Dak is a very good QB who hits all areas of the field accurately. If he would take a very respectable deal leaving us a little money to add more playmakers I'd be more then happy with a top 15 QB running the show here. It'd be a treat to have a QB who throws deep accurate and hits out routes consistently, our only gripe would be his clutch gene but that's more of a playoff thing and we're just trying to not get a top 5 draft pick next two years lol.

Agreed. 

If he would take a very respectable deal leaving us a little money to add more playmakers I'd be more then happy with a top 15 QB running the show here.

To me this is the biggest drawback.  Part of the issue with DP is he wants top dollar.  

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

a) we dont know as of now the qb situation for 2025, something always seems to happen during the season

b)If DC cannot fix a number one overall pick doesnt that go against the narrative that he is some qb whisperer?

A) I said IF.

B) The past two seasons Canales has shown he knows what he's doing. Because Young couldn't grasp his training doesn't mean he's not a QB whisperer. 

• Pie 2

Dak isn't that good. The Cowboys have had a very good OL and good weapons his entire career. He's largely a product of that. I honestly think he's probably a slightly above average starting QB in a good offensive situation. He's the type of QB that paying him like a legit franchise QB just ties a cap noose around your organization's neck.

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Dak isn't that good. The Cowboys have had a very good OL and good weapons his entire career. He's largely a product of that. I honestly think he's probably a slightly above average starting QB in a good offensive situation. He's the type of QB that paying him like a legit franchise QB just ties a cap noose around your organization's neck.

Definitely see your point. 

However, he made Geno Smith 22 and Baker Mayfield 23 Pro Bowl QBs. I would venture to say Prescott is a better QB than both of those guys.

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

No.

What has Dak done with a better team around him?

He's choked.

I know Bryce hasn't proven anything, but let's set our sights a bit higher.

More of a conversation. 

I still have hopes that BY shows with some weapons and a legitimate offense line he's going to be better.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Definitely see your point. 

However, he made Geno Smith 22 and Baker Mayfield 23 Pro Bowl QBs. I would venture to say Prescott is a better QB than both of those guys.

Now look at the overall QB situation in the NFC vs. the AFC.