• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First OTA's Monday and Tuesday

13 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Lighten up Francis.

So it's okay to have a pity party for the worst starting QB in the league last year but if I attempt to bring any perspective to your take I'm the one that needs to lighten up 🤔

And for comparison sake. Another young quarterback who was also sacked about 65 times ended up being traded after enduring such a miserable season and he's making not much above league minimum per season.

It could always be worse.

Wise words to live by.

Greeting Good Day GIF by MOODMAN

• Beer 1

In an effort to redirect the thread back to the OP.

I just watched a clip from the Panthers social and Jonathan Stewart was talking to Brooks and Sanders. Brooks specifically mentioned he has been in contact with Todd Gurley for advice on the position. That's good to hear. If for nothing we have two early offensive picks who seem keen to not only compete but are humble enough to reach out to avaliable sources of information to better themselves. It's still very early and maybe it will pay off and maybe it won't but this is a nice change of pace from the seemingly lackadaisical mentality of offensive picks such as Terrace Marshall Jr.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, frankw said:

In an effort to redirect the thread back to the OP.

I just watched a clip from the Panthers social and Jonathan Stewart was talking to Brooks and Sanders. Brooks specifically mentioned he has been in contact with Todd Gurley for advice on the position. That's good to hear. If for nothing we have two early offensive picks who seem keen to not only compete but are humble enough to reach out to avaliable sources of information to better themselves. It's still very early and maybe it will pay off and maybe it won't but this is a nice change of pace from the seemingly lackadaisical mentality of offensive picks such as Terrace Marshall Jr.

I would assume the Todd Gurley reach out is probably just as much about the ACL as anything.  Think Gurley had the ACL at almost an identical time of his college season I believe. 

Gurley went on to be OROY despite not being ready at the start of the year. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

I would assume the Todd Gurley reach out is probably just as much about the ACL as anything.  Think Gurley had the ACL at almost an identical time of his college season I believe. 

Gurley went on to be OROY despite not being ready at the start of the year. 

No doubt that's a big part of it. But Gurley was one of the more talented running backs of the last decade.

Crazy to think he's only 29 and hasn't played in about 4 years.

That's a valuable resource not just for his history with a similar injury but learning about how to stretch more longevity out of what is usually a shorter career for the position that has become devalued recently.

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

No doubt that's a big part of it. But Gurley was one of the more talented running backs of the last decade.

Crazy to think he's only 29 and hasn't played in about 4 years.

That's a valuable resource not just for his history with a similar injury but learning about how to stretch more longevity out of what is usually a shorter career for the position that has become devalued recently.

thanks to his knee issues he fell off quickly

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

thanks to his knee issues he fell off quickly

I mean, he was awesome for the entirety of his rookie contract.  That's really all you should be looking for at that spot.  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

18 minutes ago, strato said:

I can’t find video on it but I remember Gurley’s injury as a pretty bad one. 

He had arthritis in his knee as well which is progressive.  Chubb is the one who had the nasty injury in college I believe...

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

So, tell me, in the Panthers  30 years of existence, how many tickets have you purchased ?

how many games have you attended ?

I purchased a PSL and I’ve purchased season tickets that accompany them for 24 years and that was my choice 

with that choice comes a contract with the Panthers that I cannot be released from until expiration 

what also comes with that choice is gas, food lodging 

what I do with those tickets are also my choice, for the price paid,  and though I owe you, or no one else an explanation, I had to leave the east coast, late last year and will not be returning but I cannot get out of my agreement for one more year   Even after 23 years,  they will not release me 

that’s my problem. 

but, I’ll tell you what, as you have a bit of….judgement…I’ll be more than happy to let you have my season tickets for $6900   Plus $500 if you want the parking pass

if you already have PSLs, then maybe some of your very  loyal friends might be interested in purchasing at least a game or two at face value

i await your response to jump on this  golden opportunity I’m giving you to support your team. 

I felt this in my soul.  Good post

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, he was awesome for the entirety of his rookie contract.  That's really all you should be looking for at that spot.  

100%. It flies under the radar given all his other blunders, but the Miles Sanders' contract was atrocious, and it only looks worse after a year.

• Pie 1

Has there ever been a negative report from OTAs like even with how terrible Clausen and Wienke were I cant remember ever reading an article stating they sucked at OTAs I just remember nothing but hype around them.