• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Olsen wins Emmy

Not familiar with this Greg guy but I do wish him luck. Talking about football for 4 hours is a very difficult let me correct myself extremely difficult job to do. The folks that can talk for hours deserve to be paid tens of millions of dollars.  Screw doctors, teachers and first responders they don't get and appreciate how hard it is to talk ball for hours. Godspeed Tom and Greg. True heroes. 

46 minutes ago, jasonluckydog said:

Not familiar with this Greg guy but I do wish him luck. Talking about football for 4 hours is a very difficult let me correct myself extremely difficult job to do. The folks that can talk for hours deserve to be paid tens of millions of dollars.  Screw doctors, teachers and first responders they don't get and appreciate how hard it is to talk ball for hours. Godspeed Tom and Greg. True heroes. 

Greg seems like good dude, and I think any of us would take the money that pro football provides. That being said, the way some fans worship these guys is embarrassing and clownish. They're just ball players, man

• Pie 3

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

Did you watch the roast? No charisma at all from Brady

No, I didn’t. I am not really a popular culture guy, I saw a couple of clips. TBH he was probably very uncomfortable, I’ll leave that there.

People liked Romo at first because he did a great job anticipating the plays and translating that through to his audience. Maybe offering a fresh perspective.

I figured Brady might be pretty good at that type of thing too, bringing a QB insight into things. Maybe he just tells Gronk stories. And talks about how they did things. 

Edited by strato

I think giving Brady the #1 spot will be a huge mistake. The other mistake was giving Brady that insane contract, what a joke.

Greg was a natural and still finding his pace when he talks too much. He should get the #1 spot back when Brady is done after this year. 

For people that give Brady a fair shake, I suspect he'll be fantastic and he'll attract a non-football audience that no one else can.  We all love Greg, but Brady's popularity is worldwide like Tiger Woods and there aren't many sports players in the world that have this kind of draw.  

5 minutes ago, jtm said:

For people that give Brady a fair shake, I suspect he'll be fantastic and he'll attract a non-football audience that no one else can.  We all love Greg, but Brady's popularity is worldwide like Tiger Woods and there aren't many sports players in the world that have this kind of draw.  

I still think there is a difference, which will interesting to see play out.  Brady wasn’t a beloved GOAT.  I mean most, not saying there weren’t anti-Tiger folks, but the majority were rooting for him.  Same with a Jordan.  I think most people rooted against Brady.   

• Pie 1

Posted (edited)

I don't even believe New England fans like Brady's personality. They were kinda celebrating his arrogance towards the end but I think they dropped that bit when he dumped them.

He'll probably be ok but what will make it insufferable is the entire network slobbing on his knob constantly

Edited by MechaZain

Posted (edited)

I was mostly anti Bill and Kraft. Those guys were the real villains to me. Brady was a 5th round cool story. I did hate the Pats and I did enjoy him getting messed with over deflated footballs.

But the guys doing the real cheating were the ones in charge. 

They have dry run test announcing, people who analyze the demographics, production staff that helps them, prepare. I don’t think they’s have made such a big play if he really had no aptitude.

But maybe he will totally suck. 

Edited by strato

44 minutes ago, strato said:

I was mostly anti Bill and Kraft. Those guys were the real villains to me. Brady was a 5th round cool story. I did hate the Pats and I did enjoy him getting messed with over deflated footballs.

But the guys doing the real cheating were the ones in charge. 

They have dry run test announcing, people who analyze the demographics, production staff that helps them, prepare. I don’t think they’s have made such a big play if he really had no aptitude.

But maybe he will totally suck. 

Brady is an incredibly unlikeable guy who dumped his pregnant girlfriend, pushed crypto scams and was often seen whining to refs and screaming at teammates. I think most sports fans not from Boston or Tampa don’t like him.  He’s not as hated as Rodgers, but not far behind.  

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Brady is an incredibly unlikeable guy who dumped his pregnant girlfriend, pushed crypto scams and was often seen whining to refs and screaming at teammates. I think most sports fans not from Boston or Tampa don’t like him.  He’s not as hated as Rodgers, but not far behind.  

Okay fine. I hate him lol. 

• Beer 1