• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Caleb Williams is struggling big time in OTAs

15 minutes ago, Manna said:

I dont need Caleb Williams to suck to feel better about the Bryce Young trade. I need Bryce Young to be elite to feel better about the Bryce Young trade. 

Yea that's how I feel it's about Bryce and Bryce only did we trade up for a good player or not simple as that.

• Pie 1

Eh, take that with a grain of salt. CJ Stroud was "struggling" in training camp and preseason before he lit the league up. Cam Newton the same way. I just hope Bryce plays like a true #1 pick this year so Panthers football can be fun again. Fug everybody else

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Posted (edited)

No contact and still a bad performance makes it worse.

This stuff is why you never trade up to number one. Because you are only getting what someone else is passing on.

A generational QB prospect is on the board, no one trades the pick. So get wise.

Edited by strato
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 1

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Wasn’t Bryce praised as some vet type super player during all the camp work?   

Cam Newton struggled…until real football had to be played.  Then smashed the record books out the gate.  Ron couldn’t find the work to gift him the job over Clausen.  Think a run vs the Bengals is what Ron used as the reasoning (I mean it was good).  But Cam struggled until that week 1 game. 

You never know….

Went to that 3rd preseason game and that was def the moment he took the job.  100%

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, strato said:

No contact and still a bad performance makes it worse.

This stuff is why you never trade up to number one. Because you are only getting what someone else is passing on.

A generational QB prospect is on the board, no one trades the pick. So get wise.

What are you comparing here? They didn't trade up for Williams so what does that have to do with Williams struggling in OTAs.

Edited by csx

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, csx said:

What are you comparing here? They didn't trade up for Williams so what does that have to do with Williams struggling in OTAs.

Not a comparison. Stating a policy with examples and the reasonable justification for the perspective.

My fault I guess, this is like the second day that people don’t seem to understand what I’m saying. 

Edited by strato

4 hours ago, CRA said:

Wasn’t Bryce praised as some vet type super player during all the camp work?   

Cam Newton struggled…until real football had to be played.  Then smashed the record books out the gate.  Ron couldn’t find the work to gift him the job over Clausen.  Think a run vs the Bengals is what Ron used as the reasoning (I mean it was good).  But Cam struggled until that week 1 game. 

You never know….

That was one of my favorite moments in Panthers history.  I expected Cam to play pretty bad but he was incredible.  It was unbelievable what he was doing and that he was our Quarterback now.  Man.

• Beer 1

Just now, PNW_PantherMan said:

That was one of my favorite moments in Panthers history.  I expected Cam to play pretty bad but he was incredible.  It was unbelievable what he was doing and that he was our Quarterback now.  Man.

Yep, his first game, I understood. It was something. 

I had seen too much of the real simplistic play calling from college and not enough of the athleticism at his size. 

I'm just not a fan of these "off schedule" QBs. I saw a couple of analysts on ESPN claim Williams' play dipped last season because his o-line and receivers were bad. But explain to me why his back up QB threw 6 TD's (over 300 yds) in a bowl game against an allegedly superior Louisville team if those disadvantages were real.

We'll see.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

54 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I was a Cam hater until Week 1 2011. 

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, 96Bravo said:

I'm just not a fan of these "off schedule" QBs. I saw a couple of analysts on ESPN claim Williams' play dipped last season because his o-line and receivers were bad. But explain to me why his back up QB threw 6 TD's (over 300 yds) in a bowl game against an allegedly superior Louisville team if those disadvantages were real.

We'll see.

That really gets down to their physical tools, I think. Some can, some can’t keep their ratio at the next level.

edit: Which, oh well, that’s the way it goes. I really think it is all about correctly assessing if this translates to successfully competing at the next level. Where everyone is great.

Edited by strato