• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don Waddell Steps Down.

I've always thought that Tulsky is the guy driving the analytics/signings and that Don is the iron out figurehead. I'm hoping Tulsky has been groomed and that the 'search' is a formality. I would be ok with hiring another figure above Tulsky but I'd rather Tulsky be GM than us lose him if we hire over him

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, KillerKat said:

I wonder if he had doubts about the coaching staff and after their contracts he decided to peace out.

His contract was done soon and he had already been giver permission to interview elsewhere. 

My guess is this was an amicable parting of ways and it was his choice to go elsewhere. 

23 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

His contract was done soon and he had already been giver permission to interview elsewhere. 

My guess is this was an amicable parting of ways and it was his choice to go elsewhere. 

It still doesnt make sense to me. Why go somewhere else when he can watch what he built here? Something doesnt feel right.

40 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

It still doesnt make sense to me. Why go somewhere else when he can watch what he built here? Something doesnt feel right.

His contract was expiring, Dundon only pays a premium if he feels like you are the best at what you do and rumors are that Tulsky was the puppet master.

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

His contract was expiring, Dundon only pays a premium if he feels like you are the best at what you do and rumors are that Tulsky was the puppet master.

That makes sense if it was Tulsky.

3 hours ago, KillerKat said:

I wonder if he had doubts about the coaching staff and after their contracts he decided to peace out.

We had the talent to win a Cup, just not the coaching , the only thing Waddel is to blame for is not getting us a stable goalie

Unless Rod told him we didn't need one 

• Poo 1

I think Williams will basically replace Waddell in that role. Tulsky may get the title if he wants it. Can’t see us letting him go elsewhere and if we don’t make him GM he can go anywhere that will offer him a GM title/job. 

realistically though, Tulsky is a dorky data guy. Extremely important to this front office, more so than Waddell IMO, but he’s not a people guy, negotiator, etc. that’ll be Willy, whatever the titles wind up being. Would be very surprised if we went outside the org to replace Don. 

honestly I’ll miss Don, I don’t think this alters our trajectory whatsoever but I came to like him a lot here, as skeptical as I was at first

• Pie 1