• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Youth Movement = Smitty Trade Demand?

chknwing

With the current youth movement and the big ? at qb, Smitty has got to know that carolina is not currently in a position to make a strong run at a superbowl and hes not getting any younger. Could the best decision for both parties be a trade to a contender? Or did carolina bring in a platoon of qb's to see which one works best with Smith?

they brought in qb's for him, everybody saw how frustrated he got when delhomme couldnt get him the ball and turned it over all the time, I think he will be happy with moore and lafell on the field, and who says we arent a contender? we dropped delhomme, who was every teams best player, and we all saw hoe good r passing game was with moore, add that to our top notch running game and our ever improving defense and we have a great shot this year

With the current youth movement and the big ? at qb, Smitty has got to know that carolina is not currently in a position to make a strong run at a superbowl and hes not getting any younger. Could the best decision for both parties be a trade to a contender? Or did carolina bring in a platoon of qb's to see which one works best with Smith?

we didn't draft WRs to replace him. we drafted them to complement him. and why can't we make a run at the Super Bowl? i mean not to say we will make it. but a playoff berth is within reach. Smitty isn't going anywhere

:rolleyes::dita::mad2::rant::yikes::icon_bs:

You have got to be kidding. We were 8-8 not 1-15. We finished strong our defense is good and our offense just got better. We added depth and this team is on the MOVE UP not down.

Smitty will be a career Panther stop trying to trade our best player for a ignorant assumption.

Not a very well thought out opinion.

So why are we not a contender? Do you not think if we had an average QB last year we would not have made the playoffs? The answer to that is yes we would have made the playoffs. Now take the fact that we should at a minimum have an "average" QB this year. We don't need a gun slinger, just someone that can hand the ball off and make 3rd down throws.

Now add the fact that we have some WR help for Smitty. I think we can contend just as much as anyone else in the NFL. You are never going to be perfect at every position. Every team has holes. You just hope you can make up for the holes in your team. Last year our defense could not keep people out of the end zone. I don't really see our defense being any worse than we were last year. Granted, we might not be much better, but definitely not worse. Take that and add a good QB and WR help. I think we will definitely make the playoffs and then potentially make a run once we get in. Once you get in the playoffs it all comes down to WHO IS THE MOST HEALTHY team and who is PEAKING. That is the name of the game come playoff time. If this wasn't the case then Minnesota would have definitely won it all last year. They were in my opinion the most talented team position by position.

All in all I am happy. We are in good shape and we will pick up some vets this week to fill some holes we couldn't accomplish in the draft.

Archived