• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Youth Movement = Smitty Trade Demand?

chknwing

That's what I was gonna ask.

We finished strong last season, just had a fine draft and signed some good undrafteds. We're in as good a position as anyone.

Does the team have question marks? Sure.

Name me one that doesn't.

The Cowboys and Patriots... ;)

With the current youth movement and the big ? at qb, Smitty has got to know that carolina is not currently in a position to make a strong run at a superbowl and hes not getting any younger. Could the best decision for both parties be a trade to a contender? Or did carolina bring in a platoon of qb's to see which one works best with Smith?

How do you remember to breathe?

Patriots could be without Welker for the majority of the year plus they do not have a good defense. Dallas looks strong on paper and it appears they have filled the WR gap they so desperately needed last year. Barber is still injury prone and they haven't (yet) addressed their secondary which has holes all over the place. Plus Romo is the teams biggest asset and some days biggest downside.

huh? Patriots have PLENTY of questions on Defense. In fact they are probably the second worst defense team in their division. they don't know when wes welker is coming back, Moss plays good when he wants to.

and the cowboys got trashed by the vikings because they are overrated ;)

Patriots could be without Welker for the majority of the year plus they do not have a good defense. Dallas looks strong on paper and it appears they have filled the WR gap they so desperately needed last year. Barber is still injury prone and they haven't (yet) addressed their secondary which has holes all over the place. Plus Romo is the teams biggest asset and some days biggest downside.

huh? Patriots have PLENTY of questions on Defense. In fact they are probably the second worst defense team in their division. they don't know when wes welker is coming back, Moss plays good when he wants to.

and the cowboys got trashed by the vikings because they are overrated ;)

You guys beat me to it.

I would have added coaching as an issue in Dallas (the inmates still run the asylum).

that was a joke, my friends... lol

I think the exact opposite, we are just adding extreme talent to our team so we can go on that deep playoff run.

I agree, Fox and Hurney wanna keep their jobs and at the least prove what they can do for a team if we let them go. I'm sure they aren't hoping for a below .500 season. So they are gonna do whatever it takes to make them look good, and if smitty was traded that would hurt their careers in the long run (you don't trade your best player [arguably])

We should be more of a contender this year than last. Now, if we were to trade away the only good receiver we've got, then yes, I could say how you could say we wouldn't be a contender.

we could be starting a rookie QB and just gutted a DL that led to a top 10 defense last season. Too many questions to say this team has a better shot this year than last. Last season was the year to be a contender, the late change at QB cost us a shot a legit playoff run.

Archived