• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams headed for trouble in 2010

It's pretty simple really. If we avoid injuries and get above average QB play we are a playoff team. If we are hit by injuries like last year and get nothing but turnovers from our QB then we are toast. We have enough talent (but probably not depth if we have injuries) to make the playoffs with good QB play.

If we avoid injuries at the DT position then our team will be playoff caliber. Really you can't ignore all the talent on offense this year. If just only one rookie WR pans out this year we will be a better team then last year. Same goes for DT.

easy schedule - dont make me go keyshawn johnson with the c'mon man!

Peppers was a beast for the Carolina Panthers...

Chris Harris? (Luigi) WRONG! Try defense line, although it would be nice if the front office to sign 5 more linebackers for shits and giggles.

Peppers was a beast about 2-3 games a year. Another 4-5 games he was solid. The rest...you wondered whether he even came out of the locker room.

He was the poster child for inconsistency. He had the ability to be the best DE to EVER play the game....he just does not have the drive or heart.

He was consistentely blocked straight up....was consistently neutralized by journeymen and back-up Tackles....hell, he was even abused by Jason Witten against Dallas last year. I watched Witten straight-up block him and take him out of the play time and time again.

Please go back to your kick-ball game....you know nothing about football or the Panthers.

I guess they are thinking since we have cut many of the vets that we are going to be in trouble this year but little do they know we aren't rebuilding we are reloading.

I can't relate a football team doing this but I can relate baseball teams like the Florida Marlins, Braves and Rays getting rid of vets and using their youth to win and its worked plenty of times for them. Cutting players past their prime helps us not have to worry about injuries and we will have a much faster team on the field. I think our coaching staff can coach the youth and make up for the lack of experience on the field.

I guess they are thinking since we have cut many of the vets that we are going to be in trouble this year but little do they know we aren't rebuilding we are reloading.

Shouldn't be too hard. We only had half a load anyway.

Shouldn't be too hard. We only had half a load anyway.

well with the way we have been drafting the past couple of years, adding 10 more players after the draft not including free agents we should be able to reload very quickly. We have had hidden talent sitting on the bench behind those older vets. James Anderson,Dan Connor, and Jeff Schwartz all have been year over a year and have stepped when filling in. Fox doesn't like to play young kids which always ends up hurting us in the long run. Hurney has cut just about all of his favorite vets forcing him to play more talented young, faster players this year. I think last years suprise of our bench stepping up is a sign of whats going to happen this year. Look for last years rookies to step it up big with more playing time, and finally with Jake off the field we will have one less problem to worry about.

I can't relate a football team doing this but I can relate baseball teams like the Florida Marlins, Braves and Rays getting rid of vets and using their youth to win and its worked plenty of times for them. Cutting players past their prime helps us not have to worry about injuries

You're gonna compare baseball- no salary cap, and the team with the most free agents usually wins- to football? Really? Good luck.

lol at the pepper hater........the man was beast straight up...and just because he didn't go hulk every time we WANTED him to doesn't make him less of a great player.

Peppers was an athletic freak that was the poster child for inconsistency. If you can't admit that, you are dillusional.

He had the ability to dominate. However, he DID NOT dominate on a consistent basis.

Archived