• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why you should not give up on this team.

Snake

Yes we are 0-3 and our team is one of the worst in the league right now but there are some things we can look to in the future.

#1 Jeff Otah- Oh you say one man cant make a difference and you would be wrong. If and when Otah gets back and is healthy he will solve two problems

One is our poor play at RT and the other is our poor play at RG.

He will also bring back that nasty run blocking to the right side we have come to love. The Dude will be back where he belongs and will be getting nasty with players not at his level. That will allow us to not have to run it to the left side so much to get a push and we want have to worry about a S cause they will have there hands full with Smith.

#2 Jimmy Clausen- Yes he made some bad turnovers today and he also made some rookie mistakes but he is not the guy that will sit back and do nothing about there. He will get stronger next game and build on what he did right.

#3 David Gettis- He is getting better with every game and with time should be a solid WR. He like Clausen is building on what they did the week before and we will see the returns later in the season.

#4 Brandon LaFell- Like Gettis he is a young WR but has shown some good moves to get open and while IMO has not progressed as much as Gettis is still learning fast and should start showing down the road.

#5 Mike Goodson- He has been a bight spot on otherwise dark day that is our offense. If and when our run game come back watch out. Playaction with this guy could be deadly.

#6 Steve Smith- Now lets not forget Smith. He and Jimmy will be on the same page very soon. Trust me, Smith is not just going to sit back and not get the ball thrown too him. He will demand it from Jimmy and this will lead to some good things. Its early right now but the lights will come on for this duo.

So as much as I hate the position that Richardson has put us in and the poor coaching just as much we still have somethings to look forward too. No we are not playoff bound but we can still see great things come from this team anyway and build on them next year.

2010 has never been about winning in 2010. I will watch them. I won't spend a dime on them until Fox is gone and the legit rebuilding starts.

This team dose not need to be rebuilt. It needs a competent Coaching staff. Yes we need some inside pressure and maybe a WR on the offensive side of the ball but thats far from needing to be rebuilt. Coaching is our main fault right now.

Its the Mangini Jets to the Rex Ryan Jets.

We are not a terrible team. We are a young team that makes too makes too many mistakes to overcome (ie. critical turnovers).

I felt like the young WR's showed progress today and feel like they will be at least an average unit by the end of the season.

The defense is easily in the top half of the league. They limited the big plays today even though Cinci, who has lots of weapons, played with good field position most of the game.

I do think the O-Line play really is hurting this team more than expected. Jimmy made time today and got some throws out. That and the knowledge to just throw the ball away are really all he has on Moore at this point.

Watching the game it does seem like Moore is strictly playing backup now. He wasn't around Jimmy or Tony when they were going over the previous series. And I didn't see him meet any guys as they ran off the field. Now I don't blame Moore for being bummed.

Our backs are still talented and I don't really see a problem there. We just suck at maintaining any sort of drive until things are hopeless and we "come out of our shell". I.e. the offense plays to not lose instead of playing to win. This has been a problem for a very very long time.

At the end of games we are much more relaxed with the play calling and we see results.

Anyways, I'll be excited to see them play the Saints next week. Maybe we can drop them to 2-2. We always seem to play them tight.

Archived