• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers considering holdovers from Fox’s staff

GRWatcher

Magazu kept the lining playing a high level 08 and 09 no matter who was playing. Then somehow things went to hell with the exact same players.

It'll be great to have tolbert back with the younguns that will be good for their development.

I think Sam Mills III is back no matter what. I think Richardson has some secret deal with him or something because he loves Sam Mills so much. I bet he told Rivera he has to hire him. Or maybe he's super good at his job but he only wants to play for the panthers.

Glad to hear about Magazu and Tolbert, I'm sure Sam Mills III was a special request by JR. I know we're already eyeing someone else for the special teams job, but I would support bringing Jeff Rodgers back as well, I think he did a really good job. Would also like to see them bring Jim Skipper back as the running backs coach, but like others have said he may be waiting on Fox.

the scheme was much more of an issue. it was incredibly predictable and crowded the middle with blockers. it also got abused because of the schemes used against it with so much blitzing going on. no way 5 guys can block 8 with 2-3 blitzers on every play coming from every direction.

also, magazu had a lot less to work with. the right side of the field was a mess and that wasn't magazu's fault. with otah out it really screwed everything up.

True, but I think that had more to do with the QB and WR situation. Rookie QBs and rookie WRs (besides Smith) and none of them had shown anything resembling a passing attack that needed to be addressed with anything more than man coverage, allowing defenses to blitz whenever and whoever they wanted.

When your passing game sucks, everyone will put 8 in the box all day and force you into the mistakes.

Archived