• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"CBA has no chance..."

firstdayfan

The question is not whether it's 50/50 or 1/2; the question is 50/50 or 1/2 of which revenues? It's like asking if you want 50% of my paycheck before or after taxes? Before or after all the necessary health care deductions, 401k deductions, etc.

In a manner of speaking for example, the players right now get almost 61% of after-taxes revenue and the supposed offer they made was to ask for 50% of the before-taxes revenue.

This is the biggest thing to me. They preached it at their press conference a couple of weeks ago. They stated that they are 'supposed' to get 60%, but when the NFL takes of the deductions, they 'only' get 50% of the actual revenue.

To me it's ridiculous that they should get 60% in the first place. Why would any company agree to that. What is more ridiculous is if they expect 60% of revenue POST deductions. So the owners would be getting somewhere around 30% of total revenue PRE deductions based on the NFLPA's reasoning.

I haven't read any articles about any other Team Owners giving an impassioned speech to his/her fellow owners with an "us vs them" mentality that had the whole group fired up and ready to run through a brick wall like JR did at the last owner's meeting. Everyone around was all, "Wow, that's soooo cool. Go JR!"

You'd pay them. Payroll is a big expense.

Exactly how much profit do you think an NFL owner should get to keep?

And that is why you would go bankrupt as a business owner.

Owners have their personal weath invested and have all the risk.

Players are nothing but spoiled ass employees who want the financial rewards of ownership without the risk and investment of ownership.

fug them.

Players are nothing but spoiled ass employees who want the financial rewards of ownership without the risk and investment of ownership.
who do you think caused this problem in the CBA right now? who was it that brought an end to it? it was the owners.

they agreed to the older CBA and now they started crying because they think they got screwed in the last one.

owners let the CBA end because they want more money. they are the problem. it isn't the players asking for more money and less work. it's those fat cat owners that are sitting there saying "we want you to take on more work, but we want you to get paid less." JR is spinning it saying they are trying to get paid more for less, but he's just not telling the whole story.

if the onwers don't like the CBA, they shouldn't have agreed to it before. now they feel like chumps and are trying to show that they have big penises. only thing they are doing, though, is showing that they are big penises.

how in the world can you expect any employee to agree to work more, but take a cut in pay? why in the world would anyone agree to that right out?

players have said that they would do it if the owners made just a few realistic concessions, but the owners are trying to play it tough.

the bad guys here are the owners.

Na, the touchdowns, the wins, and representation are the product. If you don't have wins what product do you have to sell? The players can be replaced and do every year, they make millions in a boutique trade. Yes I can see why they want to add that 3k Square feet pool out back beside their 5k square feet pool but does it affect me? No, the wins is all I care about. Yes there are players that don't make much, but they still have an education they got for free and a nice headstart in life right out of college to boot.

48 player / 52 owners post-revenue looks to be the outcome of this.

hell last time players had owners in a hard spot and got a massive increase, this time owners have the players in a hardspot.. just how it works.

Archived