• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know this is way to early but.....

Jbro

Maybe but I am pretty sure that JR will do everything in his power to take care of Cam like he has every other player that has produced.

Plus I think we proved this offseason that we are aggressive in keeping our players.

Plus Cam doesn't sound like the type. Playing in a smaller TV market hasn't really hurt Peyton Manning very much in terms of exposure or endorsements.

JR asked Cam when he was drafted if he wanted to play for a huge market like Chicago or NY, and Cam said that didnt interest him at all, and he would love to be in Charlotte. He could have been lying, but i doubt it. He seems like a small town guy..

Not too mention that Cam newton can make Charlotte a huge market by himself. Indianapolis IMHO was made a larger market because of Peyton Manning. Hell Manning's presence basically built them a new stadium..

Cam has a four year contract.

This means he's locked here for four years. However, this doesn't mean it will take all four years to get a new deal.

If he starts winning games for us in bunches, and takes us to the play-offs in year 2 or 3, his agent will start talking to the FO about renegotiating the contract. And if his play stays consistent, you can bet your ass he'll get a new deal before his contract is up.

This is the beauty of the new Rookie Wage Scale.

Archived