• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chud mentioned as possible HC replacement in Jax

JawnyBlaze

I agree with the sentiment that his departure would be a very bad thing for us. Two things..... one, I hope he stays for at least another 2-3 years to help Cam continue with his success. Second, I hope the Panthers are already looking around for similar style OC's that are familiar with the Air Coryell style of offense. It fits Cam like a glove and we have the pieces necessary to make it flourish here in Carolina. Chud is too talented and won't last long as an OC, so I hope we are thinking a few steps ahead.

"Chud mentioned as possible HC replacement in Jax"

John Clayton mentioned him not the Jaguars. Until the Jaguars show interest this is a non-story. The guy has never even been interviewed for a head coaching position. AFAIK, he isn't that high on anyone's list so far. That may change in a few years however.

I suspect that his name will be linked with head coaching jobs just like Rivera's was for years. Rivera interviewed for 9 jobs before he landed in Carolina. There is no guarantee that he would be picked for a job given his slim resume at this point.

If he left I don't know that it would be catastrophic. I expect that someone on the staff this year could pick up the reins and run the offense or we could bring someone in from the outside as we did Chud. Newton has shown he can learn any system quickly and he has been successful in everyone he has been in. Sure I would like Chud to be here for a few years but if we continue to have such a great offense, it is likely only a matter of time before he goes. So we need to prepare for that inevitability and see what happens. IN any event I think we will be fine down the road. How many times have teams like New England turned over offensive coordinators and they keep on rolling.

I would hate that he leaves the Panthers.

I think we would try and find someone with the same mentality. Wouldn't it be Ironic if Norv Turner would get fired. He is a offensive genius. Rivera hires his old boss.

I don't think we go for a guy that does the dinking and dunking. The vertical passing game suits Cam too well to be running that short passing game.

yeah...chud's not going to leave, but it would make sense to have norv come in and be OC. i doubt he gets hired as a HC for a while if he gets fired if ever again.

i think norv's son scott who is our offensive quality control guy would be an asset to the team as well.

still...it's such a minute chance that chud's going to be going anywhere for a few years it seems pretty silly to keep having these threads pop up every week.

it's only journalists that are mentioning him...not teams.

yeah...chud's not going to leave, but it would make sense to have norv come in and be OC. i doubt he gets hired as a HC for a while if he gets fired if ever again.

i think norv's son scott who is our offensive quality control guy would be an asset to the team as well.

still...it's such a minute chance that chud's going to be going anywhere for a few years it seems pretty silly to keep having these threads pop up every week.

it's only journalists that are mentioning him...not teams.

I don't think it is as minute as you think. We lost Jack Del Rio after one season and what Chudz has done with our offense he will be the flavor of the month after the season is done.

I hope not, but he definitely will get a good long look.

Archived