• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers uniforms won't change in 2012

Car123

Panther uniforms won't change in 2012

Now that the Panthers' new logo has been revealed (see picture below if you've somehow missed that news), what about the team's uniforms?

If you’re a traditionalist, you’ll be happy with the answer to that question. If you’re wanting something wild and different from a team that hasn’t really altered its uniforms since it began play in 1995, you won’t.

“I don’t anticipate any changes at all in the uniforms,” Charlie Dayton, the Panthers’ team spokesman, told me Tuesday.

The logo will be incorporated into the helmets and jerseys, of course. But that’s about all.

I asked Dayton a few other questions about the logo, most of which came directly from some interesting fan comments on this blog. The questions were things like:

1) Will the Panthers' new logo be placed at midfield, where the NFL shield has always been? (The Panther logo is on the field, but not at the 50).

2) What will the end zones look like? (I would expect the new typeface to be incorporated).

3) When will the huge Panther logos atop Bank of America Stadium be switched out?

Dayton said he did not have the answers to those questions yet, that they were all to be determined. Remember, the team didn't expect to be releasing the logo at all this week until a post on Nike's Football Facebook page forced their hand, so stay tuned on all of that. There are a lot of meetings coming at Bank of America Stadium before all those decisions get made.

side%2Bby%2Bside%2Bold%2Band%2Bnew%2Blogos.jpg

Considering Nike is now doing the uniforms, no way they keep the same style that Reebok used. There will be some alterations. It might not be radically different but there will some noticeable changes.

You do know Nike used to make our jerseys in the 90's right...Same jersey style for all these years

Archived