• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Of These 4 Draft Prospects Who Is Your Favorite?

panther4life

I disagree. Primarily due to my reliance on the First Rule of Best Conferences Theorem.

Cox was an impact player and had to be double-teamed consistently in the S-E-C, the best college football conference in the land. And there was never any question about his "motor".

While Coples was playing Boston College and Virginia and Ohio State, Cox was playing Bama, LSU, and Florida.

Thus ends your lesson on the First Rule of Best Conference Theorem. ;)

So you think a rookie Cox wouldn't be exploited on first and 2nd downs in the NFL? I don't see him being able to hold up against the run as a rookie.

I mean we could bring in McClain on 3rd down passing situations.

No but in a JJ 43 if we run it....he is talented enough to make plays right away. More so than Cox

By the nature of the position, DE's naturally make more "plays".

Doesn't mean that a DT who can come in, fill a hole, and not be pushed around (even if he isn't making a tackle or getting sacks) isn't as or more valuable. A DT who can come in and do it all is preferable. But a DT who can come in and just STAND HIS GROUND is almost as valuable to the players who play behind him.

Cox is a beast and is strong as an ox. He sure as hell didn't get pushed around on a regular basis in the SEC. I don't see him getting pushed around in the NFL either.

I disagree. Primarily due to my reliance on the First Rule of Best Conferences Theorem.

Cox was an impact player and had to be double-teamed consistently in the S-E-C, the best college football conference in the land. And there was never any question about his "motor".

While Coples was playing Boston College and Virginia and Ohio State, Cox was playing Bama, LSU, and Florida.

Thus ends your lesson on the First Rule of Best Conference Theorem. ;)

Didn't play Florida in 2011 but he did play Bama and LSU. Stat line was 0 sacks, 2 solo tackles and 8 assists. It isn't who you play but how you play against who you play. First corrolary to your best conference theorem.

Doesn't mean that a DT who can come in, fill a hole, and not be pushed around (even if he isn't making a tackle or getting sacks) isn't as or more valuable. A DT who can come in and do it all is preferable. But a DT who can come in and just STAND HIS GROUND is almost as valuable to the players who play behind him.

Cox is a beast and is strong as an ox. He sure as hell didn't get pushed around on a regular basis in the SEC. I don't see him getting pushed around in the NFL either.

http://nfldraftgeek.com/fletchercox.html

Cons: Hand technique is poor besides a bull rush doesn't have much else. Doesn't take on double teams well and can be washed out on plays. Plays too high, can be moved off the ball.

Plenty of DTs get pushed around as rookies. DT has proven to rarely be a spot you can plug rookies into. They need time. Not just 3rd rounders either. We have DTs developing and can bring in a vet when cuts start later on.

Cam needs improved D play. Improved in 2012. No DT worth the 9 pick. Class is deep. If you want to add a DT to the mix do it in round 2 and add a 2012 player at 9

Archived