• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Anyone a fan of D-Will on Facebook? He is getting flamed bad...

Hotsauce

I am not a friend or fan of Williams on Facebook but I have seen the same image posted all day by white friends/acquaintances of mine.

What's the big deal? It's not really that far from the truth.

i do agree that a public figure such as himself should've been far more diplomatic in choosing what and what not to post. however, trying to remove political and societal issues from these discussions for the sake of "humanity" is a self-defeating measure, as these incidents are themselves direct effects of those forces. they are inseparable.

i would hope that opponents of this are merely opposing the act of a public figure discussing these sorts of things, and not angry that he brought up a legitimate social problem in its context.

Mass murders occur by people of all races for a number of different reasons. The perpetrators are often killed because they don't give up or they kill themselves not because they are a particular race. This guy lived because he was standing outside the theater and didn't fire at the police when apprehended. Plain and simple.

As for discussing the fact he was extremely educated and smart, it had nothing to do with the fact he was white but that here was a brilliant previously high performing guy with no criminal record who went off the deep end. If he had been black or asian or indian the same things would be said.

This has no parallels to racial profiling or other racial issues. Those things happen and are real but have no relevance here.

i didn't even know he was married.

I think they got recently engaged, not sure if correct or not.

15fOVi.St.138.jpg

Risalyn Burzynski looks over a digital ceramic heather on her pre-selected family's Christmas list from the Salvation Army Adopt-A-Family program Thursday, December 8, 2011 at Sam's Club in Pineville, NC. Burzynski is the girlfriend of Carolina Panthers running back DeAngelo Williams.

http://www.charlotte...ve-for-the.html

The meme is fairly accurate. The media sucks.

The meme isn't anywhere close to be accurate....there were some basic elements it was trying to address and wildly missed making them.

And now isn't the time to even address those issues at the core of the meme

He says it's his personal page like that's supposed to make people back off. I thought it was pretty funny him calling those that opposed his post "closed minded" when he himself is the one that is "closed minded" since he brought up the race card. Also thought that it was funny he brought up that he didn't make it like that makes a difference. He posted it, so that means he supports most if not all of what it says. If he didnt agree with it at all, why would he post it? If a person that supports the ideology of Nazism re-posts something that he didn't make that was pro-Nazi, how could that NOT mean he doesn't agree with it? And how does him not being the original creator of the pro-Nazi post free him from blame? He re-posted it for a reason! DeAngelo thinks people are stupid, but we aren't. It was a terrible post and it's a shame he did that.

Archived