• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Nightmare

Don't be mad at the kid, Phinisher - look in the mirror. You moved to Charlotte and left south Florida behind (good call by the way). You brought him right into the heart of the beast, totally tabula rasa, yet question his budding allegiance?

The mystique of Cam will not be erased by grainy YouTube clips of Mark "Super" Duper, Tony Nathan, or Larry Csonka. It's time to release what little grip you still have on the fading era of the Orange Bowl, Don Shula, and Marino's combo mullet/perm that spilled from beneath his helmet. Flipper no longer splashes in a tub near the corner of the stadium.

Let go man, and fully embrace Cam and the Panthers. Try as you might, your son will not look at today's Dolphins with Matt Moore at the helm and be swayed. Take down the Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor topless posters and hang a framed Cam jersey.

Resistence is futile.

I love watching college bball games with my dad when State and Carolina play each other, he's a diehard State fan and I bleed blue. Same thing with Carolina/Dallas fooseball games. Lol, I think you might actually enjoy the rivalry when he gets older and you two get together for game time.

I hate that for your Phin... if my kid decided to pull for anyone other than the Panthers there would have to be some kind of consequences. Surely there's a life lesson that can be taught there.

Glad to have another one join our ranks, though!

you named your son after a football player?

you're an idiot.

at least it looks like the bad genes didn't pass on.

probably have your wife to thank for that.

Now I wonder if there will be an influx of people named cam newtons in the Carolinas...

my 2 cents

he'll still probably root for them both when he gets older... a lot of people have an AFC and an NFC team they pull for. one is always cared for more than the other, as its seems the panthers will be in this case, but he'll still probably be on your side the majority of the time.

Grew up an hour outside of Detroit, but the old man was a cowgirlz fan. So I hate all things cowgirly.

Still love my Lions, but the Panthez are first. If ever we should meet in the NFC Championship, at leat I would know I am going to the Super Bowl. Otherwise I root for the team witht the best record. Seems only fair.

Glad Zak is his own man. Hope the women don't strip him of it as he grows. jk Hope you two enjoy a poo load of football together.

Guest Bwood

you named your son after a football player?

you're an idiot.

at least it looks like the bad genes didn't pass on.

probably have your wife to thank for that.

Now I wonder if there will be an influx of people named cam newtons in the Carolinas...

my 2 cents

Absolutely uncalled for.

My adopted son was pulling for the Saints* few years ago. He is cajun, so i can't really blame him. He's not even that much of a football fan.

Cam is winning him over.

My 20 month old I'm not worried about at this point. He only knows Panther football.

His first word was, "touchdown".

Back to the OP, glad to have another Panther fan on board.

Just keep in mind that almost everyone who is a Panther fan over the age of 30 grew up rooting for another team. You can root for both teams with the only issue when they play each other.

Yea, I was the first person in my family to get into football, my family is die hard UNC (my grandfather went there). So they're all into college b-ball. When I started watching football, I was a Lawrence Taylor fan (not a Gaints fan, just Taylor) initially because he was from UNC, then after I watched more I was an LT fan because he was LT. Then in 92 I became a Cowboy fan because I really liked Irvin and Smith. Then when the Panthers were announced I dropped the Cowboys like a bad habit and have hated them ever since :) Helped that the Panthers arrival coincided pretty closely with the break-up of the triplets and the downfall of the Cowboys, but I was a Panther fan in 95 when the Cowboys won the SB too.

Yea, I was the first person in my family to get into football, my family is die hard UNC (my grandfather went there). So they're all into college b-ball. When I started watching football, I was a Lawrence Taylor fan (not a Gaints fan, just Taylor) initially because he was from UNC, then after I watched more I was an LT fan because he was LT. Then in 92 I became a Cowboy fan because I really liked Irvin and Smith. Then when the Panthers were announced I dropped the Cowboys like a bad habit and have hated them ever since :) Helped that the Panthers arrival coincided pretty closely with the break-up of the triplets and the downfall of the Cowboys, but I was a Panther fan in 95 when the Cowboys won the SB too.

Glad to hear that you got over that trip to the dark side with the Cowboys.

I am kind've proud he is keeping it local, supporting his home team. There are wayyyyy worse teams. Everything about the panthers is cool. Cool QB. Cool colors. Cool mascot. Ill just have to rib him good when we play (dolphins 4-0 lifetime against Carolina)

Just sayin.....

I'm with you there. I want my kid to root for his local team, because it's going to make for better memories of going to games, hanging out with his friends, and it's gonna be something that connects him to his hometown when he eventually goes off to college and/or starts a life somewhere else.

The problem? We currently live in Washington, D.C. So as much as it breaks my heart, I'm going to steer my kid toward the Redskins, Nationals and Capitals instead of the Panthers, Braves, and Hurricanes. (Unless we move back to NC in the next couple years. Fingers crossed...)

I just threw up in my mouth a little. But it's the right thing to do.

Archived