• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gantt: Patriots "lurking" in the Peppers saga

Mr. Scot

durpa durpa

The Boston Herald reports that the Patriots are "considering" offering the Raiders future second- and third-round picks for DE Derrick Burgess.

New England and Oakland have done business before, but Al Davis may hesitate this time after getting swindled in the Randy Moss deal two years ago. Still, the offer is more than fair and the Pats definitely can use the pass rush help. Burgess would play weak outside linebacker in their 3-4 scheme.

Peppers is a moron, and his agent is even worse! The Patriots could have the guy!

Makes you wonder, though:

He said he wanted to go to the Pats. Carolina told him to sign the tenure so they could make it happen....he didn't. They told him to sign the tenure so they could work to make it happen....he didn't. Does he really NOT want to leave, was he using the threats to get a 'the highest paid defensive player ever' contract and over-played his hand....or was I right to begin with - he's just a complete moron?!

I really think his moron agent thinks if they don't sign for long enough we will just let him walk.

His agent should be arrested for a felony charge of stupidity.

Maybe if Peppers hired an agent... :idea:

Peppers is not the brightest guy in the world. Thats putting it nicely.

The fact that his agent has not been shit canned by now and an actual agent in his place is ridiculous.

Peppers, you think you are a top 10 player? Get a top 10 agent.

Something New, oh wait. NvM, we've heard this one before. As for Peppers, I would like for him to sign so he can get out now. Don't wanna be here then get the hell out.

Fiz you might have a point there, although I don't think he's ever been playing with a full deck. Look at his problems at UNC. I mean seriously how do you need to take a Drama final twice to pass????????????????

Pep had to take a drama final twice?

Perhaps he was taking plays off.

YEAH! :cool:

If Peppers doesn't sign, he's not a member of the team and he doesn't get paid poo. And also doesn't get traded unless his idiot agent can find a trade, not something he's been able to do and unless he signs the tender...

Peppers is not the brightest guy in the world. Thats putting it nicely.

The fact that his agent has not been poo canned by now and an actual agent in his place is ridiculous.

Peppers, you think you are a top 10 player? Get a top 10 agent.

be ready for the wrath of crolls....

I have been mulling this over time and again, and I can't come up with any other idea, other than he just hopes that we release him....

Honestly, I can't think of anything else. If he plays this year he will come in right before camp, sign the tender and play.

durpa durpa

when taylor went back to miami i thought that peppers had another great window of opportunity. seems that window is going to be closing as well. pats want to do something to bring in a DE. they are willing to work. they want to work with another team. pep, is your course of action still the best? you had your chance to go to the pats and now that moment is slipping away yet again.

I have been mulling this over time and again, and I can't come up with any other idea, other than he just hopes that we release him....
Me either, If he wanted to play for the Pats and didn't listen to what Belichick said publicly which is a rare thing for Belichick to do, speak publicly on another team's player with any kind of "advice", AND the Pats are a team he WANTS to play for, I have no clue what else could possibly be on his mind.

Problem for the Patriots is that they can't afford to pay the draft picks or pay Peppers what he may want as it upsets the status quo. It would set a nasty precedent of paying dearly for talent which would come back to haunt them when players like Brady come up for their next contract. New England has always prided themselves on getting talented players for cheap because they want to play for the Patriots. I wonder if Peppers would take the bait as well.

Don't entirely agree. I'd have to look it up to get the exact numbers, but as I recall they paid decent coin to Adalius Thomas when they acquired him as a free agent.

Talk at the time, based on potential and contract numbers, was that he'd become one of the most dominant players in the league. And while he's been good, he hasn't realistically lived up to what was projected at the time he signed his deal.

They're willing to pay sometimes, and I also think it's possible they'd dump someone current (Richard Seymour or another guy) for Julius.

Archived