• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Rivera lost the team?

Who Said What?

I am wondering what everyone thinks about this because I feel like he has. This week it seemed like the players were demoralized by the Hurney firing and were eluding to the fact RIvera wasn't canned instead.

First, Cam had the whole presser on Sunday. "I'm not buying this and its the same script over and over with the same ending". "Something has got to change." Clearly, he does not believe in the triple option game plan that is the staple of our offense.

Second, Deangelo re-tweets the comment that a fan wrote which said "Why are we wasting a talented player like D-lo." He replied " I don't know why he is not getting carries."

Third, Charles Johnson had quite the rant on Monday. “I didn’t know the GM coached,” Johnson said. “If they’re blaming it on him then I guess he’ll just take the fall for it." He then tried to calm it down and retread a bit by saying “It is what it is. I just thought it was bad timing.”

Now, Lafell and Cam are talking about how people just need to go out and play. Captain still believes he should be a starter. He lost his job to a rookie and they still play him in the slot on third down. Sherrod Martin has to be livid everyday watching Nakamura take most of the first team reps.

I believe this is the source of the players lack of effort and frustration. The locker and meeting rooms have to be pretty toxic for our QB to say he was going to get a "suggestion box" and bring it in because he didn't know what to do. For the time being, it looks like RIvera isn't going to change. It seems like he is going to be the next Singletary or Sporano, because they lost their teams too. Both rosters had decent talent.

Of course he's lost the team. I think he lost them when he called timeout against the Saints last year, right before halftime, allowing them to kick a field goal. News flash, the Saints won by 3. Rivera took too many shots to the head during his playing career and should not be a head coach.

I think probably.

At the same time I suspect the culture of losing and the number of overpaid veterans we have isn't helping.

If there were a clubhouse leader, especially on offense, who was telling his teammates to man up and get behind the coach things would be different.

Smitty isn't doing it, Cam sure isn't doing it, DWill isn't the guy.

New GM. New Coaching staff. New Roster...I'm all for phasing out the losers on this team. There's about 12-15 guys I'd want to keep...that includes Cam and Kuechly...

The rest of the roster is dead weight. They had their chance.

Panther train is now moving in a new direction.

We're going to know if he has lost this team when we see how they handle the next few weeks and whether he can keep them focused.

Has to be one of the hardest things for a coach to do, keeping a team focused in this kind of climate.

Easy. Just say this before every game "who wants to be in the NFL? We are about to find out today"

Because we all know a good % of these guys wouldn't be starting for other teams....maybe not even in the league

Archived