• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio criticizes Gettleman hire, calls it "dog and pony show"

Gabeking

Like I said, negativity is good for business in this type of media. Just look around.

aside from gettleman, cam, kuechly, and a couple other guys...the negativity is deserved.

the team can't win. gettleman is gonna fix that. florio is talking out of his ass.

One thing that has puzzled me about JR is that he has loved and admired the Giants organzation and wanted to model the Panthers after them. But he let Hurney do what Hurney had fone for the past five years. It makes no sense. Better late than never i guess, with the Gettleman hire/philosophy.

One thing that has puzzled me about JR is that he has loved and admired the Giants organzation and wanted to model the Panthers after them. But he let Hurney do what Hurney had fone for the past five years. It makes no sense. Better late than never i guess, with the Gettleman hire/philosophy.

You're thinking of the Steelers.

Plenty of people find jobs as a result of social networking. We don't live in a meritocracy. Maybe Gettleman has great talent and hasn't been getting interviews or opportunities because he doesn't know many people around the league that well.

I'll wait and see how he performs. If he's a great GM, I couldn't care less if he was hired because he knew someone or because he's white or because he went to Wake Forest.

At the end of the day we all just want people who will help the team win.

Hmm... i would show you a link but im on my phone. But he more than likely said both.

He very well might have mentioned how he admired the Giants, especially considering our recent GM hiring. He's said this about a lot of teams. But he's always said that the team that he wanted to emulate, or be modeled after, was the Steelers. It's been the same tune since 1993.

Archived