• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Profootballfocus' Team Needs For the Carolina Panthers.

Stroupe-a-loop

the team should look at a receiver like Ramses Barden. The Giant was a third-round pick in 2009, but just hasn’t been able to get onto the field much in a deep New York receiving corp, playing 419 snaps in four seasons. Over the course of those seasons, he’s caught a total of 29 balls, with just under half of them coming this season, where he saw 19 targets over five games. Coincidentally, the best game of his career came in the team’s Week 3 matchup with the Panthers, in which he caught 9 of 10 targets for 138 yards.

Admittedly, to see Barden being successful in Carolina takes some projecting, but, at 6-foot-6, he offers great size and he could be that big target on the outside to complement Smith. Perhaps most importantly, he’d be cheap.

The Giants have been god at finding receivers. Gettleman will know if Barden is as good as this sounds....cheap is also good for us.

How come almost every name they give us is coming off some sort of injury? I realize we need to go cheap, but do our cheap guys all need to be recovering from an injury?

There are going to be a whole lot of cheap guys out there this year. Maybe we should look at the healthy guys first, then settle for what we can get later.

Shcwartz, if healthy, would be a huge upgrade. Any DT worth his salt is an upgrade, as are DBs. But there are prescious few WR that could make us better. But get a good TE to pair with Olsen, and that very well make us a lot better.

Good and exciting times are acomin'. My giddy wouldn't lie to me.

I would have said that before Barden torched us. Haven't seen too many of our WRs not named Smith have a game like that. None actually in a few years.

we are the only team he's ever looked any good against.

only reason i would want him on this team is to keep him from being on another team and torching our D. i wouldn't expect him to look anything like that against any other team.

Archived