• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scotch Lovers Thread

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

I was fortunate enough to have a snort of this stuff over the holidays. Delicious. Wish I could find some, but then again at $350 per I don't think I could do it.

1282605538_PappyVanWInkle20.jpg

For $350 per bottle, it had better give me a blowie while I drink it.

Really want to try/like scotch, but I don't think my 22 year old palate can't handle it yet

Start now. I started when I was about 22. I'm 25 now and it's my drink of choice. Fight through the peatiness and learn to enjoy.

I have two nice bottles, but can't drink the stuff on the rocks. Is there any other way to drink it?

I second whiskey rocks. But also, what I do sometimes that works well is I have a Deer Park bottle on my bar, I fill up just a capful with room temperature water (not tap water) and pour it in to about a 2 oz pour. Does well to cut the bite, but with the right scotch you won't need to (or want to).

This is my day to day:

balvenie-15-year-old-single-malt-scotch-whisky.jpg

But I recently had this at a Whiskey Bar in D.C. called Jack Rose (Praise Allah, a place with over 200 kinds of whiskey) and it totally blew my mind. I'm currently on the hunt for a bottle:

auchentoshan-three-wood-single-malt-scotch.gif

Start now. I started when I was about 22. I'm 25 now and it's my drink of choice. Fight through the peatiness and learn to enjoy.

I second whiskey rocks. But also, what I do sometimes that works well is I have a Deer Park bottle on my bar, I fill up just a capful with room temperature water (not tap water) and pour it in to about a 2 oz pour. Does well to cut the bite, but with the right scotch you won't need to (or want to).

This is my day to day:

balvenie-15-year-old-single-malt-scotch-whisky.jpg

But I recently had this at a Whiskey Bar in D.C. called Jack Rose (Praise Allah, a place with over 200 kinds of whiskey) and it totally blew my mind. I'm currently on the hunt for a bottle:

auchentoshan-three-wood-single-malt-scotch.gif

I much prefer the 14 to the 15.

Archived