• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bad day for female kicker hopeful Silberman

Brokenbad

Results of first female kicker to try out at combine:

"Silberman's participation at the NFL regional scouting combine in New Jersey lasted all of two underwhelming kickoffs before she limped off with a quadriceps injury.

The Associated Press reported that Silberman's kickoffs traveled 19 and 13 yards, respectively. You can see the second attempt here. After the final kick, Silberman waved over a trainer, effectively ending her day."

I originally said some REALLY mean stuff before editing, but I couldn't do any better.

Link to rest of article: http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000146711/silbermans-nfl-tryout-lasts-two-short-kickoffs/

Why would you say mean stuff?

In all honesty, I was very jealous that a female had an NFL tryout, something I will never EVER get, so I posted some mean shovanist jokes but then realized I couldn't have done any better and this thread would have not ended well for me.

In all honesty, how'd she get the tryout? Her form is atrocious and looks like how you'd expect a chick to kick. Not how "the first female athlete to get a tryout at a pro sponsored event" should look. She kicks like my 8 year old son.

I have to assume her leg was REALLY REALLY fuged up. So much so that she couldn't follow through or reach back or plant her foot or anything. It looked at best to be an attempt at an onside kick.

Archived