• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Carolina Panthers going nowhere with Ron Rivera, Cam Newton"

It's funny to read this type of nonsense from nfl and espn writers this time of year(and it does happen every year, Newton and the Panthers just happen to be "on the clock" this time around). Then said team usually exceeds the low expectations the media has put on them and makes fools out of crotch stains like Adam Schein. While I agree that Rivera is running out of time and that if the Panthers fail to make the playoffs this season Gettleman may show him the door, I think it's still way too damn early to gauge how good or bad ANY team is going to be at this point.

I know one damn thing, this Schein douche poses the question, "where did the Panthers get noticeably better???" Umm, how bout on the interior of their DLine (hands down the weakest position on our D for the last few years) where we picked up arguably the top DT in the draft (Star Lotulelei) who would have been a top 5 pick if not for his false health scare preventing him from working out at the combine and another big nasty DT in Kawaan Short. Those 2 guys alone are huge upgrades to what the Panthers have had since Cam and Rivera have been here. Obviously this guy fails to realize that a nasty set of DT's will free up Kuechly, Beason, Davis, Johnson, and Hardy to make plays, which in turn should improve our mediiocre secondary by getting even more consistent pressure on opposing QB's.

Jackson is NOT the player he once was. He is no longer a stud RB.

I am not saying that he is not a solid RB. But he is not a major upgrade over Turner.

Just wait until the season and you will see.

Jackson has no problem rushing for 1000 yards with defenses focused on him....can't focus on him in Atl.

Turner was poo last year. Id say he is a good upgrade over what Turner was at the end

No it isn't. Stewart is great bc he can play at a high level with nagging injuries. That is a positive.

But a 100% Stewart is hands down better than the one who can take the field battling injuries. A 100% Stewart would be the best RB we could put in the field in 2013.

You keep saying it but we aint seen it yet. Stewart has done no more than D Will the last 2 seasons and he is the one thats had nagging injuries. Completely false.

You keep saying it but we aint seen it yet. Stewart has done no more than D Will the last 2 seasons and he is the one thats had nagging injuries. Completely false.

about the big picture now that we aren't a RB team....Stewart allows us to do more. 2011 Stewart played the highest percentage is snaps in our division and in return....we had a historical rush game and best offense in our history.

Which again, is supported by his play time in 11 and Williams' demotion last year.

what i would love is for these clowns that get national attention and get on tv to say that stuff with cam or better yet someone from the panthers there.

he'd never do it, though because he's pretty much a bitch. and yes, i realize that I'm saying that as someone using a pseudonym on a message board, but I'm not the one getting paid for this poo.

• Pie 1

I don't understand what we ever did to this guy, he can't write ANYTHING positive about us. I just don't get it. 

Adam Schein has been a Panther hater since he predicted the Panthers to will the SB the year after they lost the SB to NE...and the Panthers made him look stupid.   Schein knows nothing about the Panthers, save what he reads in headlines.  He drools over the big market teams. His opinion means nothing because he has no idea what he is talking about.

Articles like these make me fuging sick, honestly. Why hate on Cam? Oh, because Schein knew there was a scheduled interview coming up with Cam, so he wanted to make sure to get that out there to coincide with the interview to generate hits, got ya. NFLN is becoming more and more like ESPN. "We like player X because he's hot right now", "We hate player Y, and you should too!" It's ridiculous.

Only thing I agreed with from that article was the bit about firing Rivera and having Gettleman hire his own coach.  Rivera is a terrible HC.  So what if the players like him and rallied around him to win some ridiculously easy games at the end of the season last year.  That doesn't mean the team is going to win.  Not sure he even lasts through the season.

Players hate Tom Coughlin but that team wins Superbowls.  Rivera is still the same coach that called a timeout to let the other team kick a field goal before half time.  I'll never forget that act of pure idiocy.  

so there are "ridicuiously easy" games in the NFL?

I didn't know that.

Jackson has no problem rushing for 1000 yards with defenses focused on him....can't focus on him in Atl.

Turner was poo last year. Id say he is a good upgrade over what Turner was at the end

Not efficiently.  He was just given the ball a lot.  He hasn't been all that impressive in awhile... certainly not someone I'm really afraid.  I do think they'll improve in closing out games because of him but otherwise, not worried.

As for the article, I'm happy.  Newton seems to perform best when he is being criticized.