• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Farewell to Jon Beason

Zod

This is one of those painful break ups where we'll all be better once its done.  Beason is a tremendous human being in most ways (I don't know him, but from what I've read).  I hate that injuries derailed his career here, but it's not fair to keep him from restarting his career.  I wish him the absolute best of luck and good health.  I'd love to see him get back to his high level of play, but who knows if that's going to happen at this point in his career considering how devastating micro fractures are.

On a business end of things, I'm glad we got something.  Who knows what coulda/woulda happened if he'd played out the season.  He might have retired, or never become an impact player again, which would have netted us nothing in return.  

• Pie 1

I will start off by saying that I was shocked when I found out he got traded. It was sudden and many wasn't expecting it. I am torn with this decision but this might be for the best for all parties involved. It is obvious that Luke has the middle locked down and knowing that Beason is a true mlb, it may have been hard for him to adjust to another position. At least, in NY, he will get his position back and have a chance to kick start his career here. His leader, passion and friendly attitude will definitely be missed in the Carolinas. I will definitely be rooting for him to get back to old form or even better.