• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ideal 1st Round Pick for Carolina [UPDATED]

MichaelNewtonII

I'd pick up a new LT in the first, and shift Gross over to RT.

I'm in favor of filling WR needs with FA, so I was thrilled with picking up Ginn. I don't want to draft WRs unless there is a clear stud. I hate the idea of taking a chance high in the draft on a WR and picking a bust. Either the WR is a beast, or a project that might not pan out. No thanks to the projects. Years on our roster, never see the field, and then they're cut. Omg no. Get the FA WRs who are a known commodity, or draft an obvious stud.

Lol why is it every time there is a thread about a good WR prospect somebody says "Well I mean I'd rather have that really tall guy, really tall guys are just so awesome."

Tall lanky jumpball receivers are a dying breed. People prize talent over height instead, and given that most corners are under 6 foot, teams aren't seeing any drawbacks to it. There isn't a 6'4" wideout in the country who is more naturally talented than Watkins and anybody who would make a decision based on something so relatively insignificant to the total package is stuck in the past.

Lol why is it every time there is a thread about a good WR prospect somebody says "Well I mean I'd rather have that really tall guy, really tall guys are just so awesome."

Tall lanky jumpball receivers are a dying breed. People prize talent over height instead, and given that most corners are under 6 foot, teams aren't seeing any drawbacks to it. There isn't a 6'4" wideout in the country who is more naturally talented than Watkins and anybody who would make a decision based on something so relatively insignificant to the total package is stuck in the past.

Do you know what kind of offense we run?

AJ Green and Megatron sure are a dying breed....

Do you know what kind of offense we run?

AJ Green and Megatron sure are a dying breed....

So what you're saying is that youre under the impression that a vertical offense is predicated exclusively on the 9 route? Or are you saying that what separates guys like Green or Johnson from the rest of the league's wideouts is an inch or two they may have on other wideouts?

lol.

I'd pick up a new LT in the first, and shift Gross over to RT.

I'm in favor of filling WR needs with FA, so I was thrilled with picking up Ginn. I don't want to draft WRs unless there is a clear stud. I hate the idea of taking a chance high in the draft on a WR and picking a bust. Either the WR is a beast, or a project that might not pan out. No thanks to the projects. Years on our roster, never see the field, and then they're cut. Omg no. Get the FA WRs who are a known commodity, or draft an obvious stud.

Yea I dont think we should draft any.more.project players save those when signing udfa

Archived