• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason "I Want To Retire A Giant"

chknwing

well to retire there over doing so here would mean he'll exceed what he's done here. assumption not reality but that really states he wants a long contract. nevertheless, it would be nice to see him at the pro bowl lined up with Monsters Inc., behind Luke obviously. 

I'm just not one of those fans who cares all that much about the players one way or another. I wish Beason all the best, but if I never hear about the guy again, then I couldn't care less. He wants to win over the fans, coaches, and FO and get a new contract. Big deal. I don't want to hear about him unless he's somehow coming back.

I understand that some fans have some sort of interest, but I don't fit into that group.

Don't like him saying that. You can say I want to finish my career in New York. Saying I want to retire a giant is a little extra. Ain't our fault you got outplayed by a rookie.

Neither do I.

Maybe I'm overthinking but if I'm honest, it feels like a subtle poke at the Panthers to me.

it's an undisclosed pick.

undisclosed pick ≠ conditional pick

more than that...it's an undisclosed late round pick.

while it could be a conditional undisclosed pick, it's most likely a pick that has already been decided upon.

it's not going to be a third round. look at rounds 5-7.

Here's hoping nothing but the best for Jon Beason. If we somehow get a 5th rd pick for him,i'll be one happy camper.

Kinda stings a little...

But when it's all said and done, he'll get a one day contract to retire a Panther. This statement is business only. The Panthers organization is a family. And Beason loves it. There's a reason Steve Smith has stayed around so long, when he clearly could have made more money with more popularity, and maybe even a superbowl elsewhere.

Archived