• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

causes for concern next week

KillaCamNewton

i know we had a blowout win today (again) but the reality is this SF game is our first game of the year since week 1 that we're actually playing a team thats relevant. 

-my first point is that this isn't necessarily a bad matchup for us on offense. the 49ers have a great defense, but they are actually pretty bad against the pass. also, assuming aldon smith gets a suspension, their pass rush becomes much less effective as well. cam should have a field day

-my concern is on the defensive side of the ball. the 49ers have a very mobile QB and arguably the best offensive line in football. if you remember from the buffalo and seattle games, our defense struggles against mobile QB's because they are better at avoiding our pass rush and causing our secondary to cover receivers for a longer amount of time- which is exactly what we dont want. not only that, but with a dominant line like the niners, we will most likely need to bring more pressure than from just the front 4 like we are used to, and that spells even more trouble for our secondary.

long story short, next week we will know that we either have the best D in the NFL, or that our defense can be exposed by solid line play and a mobile QB

i wouldnt either,but my point is that we have struggled against teams that either have a soild OLine or a mobile QB and next week we go up against both. we'll know just how good our D is after the SF game

We've played 8 games and your using one of the premier offenses in the league as a benchmark?

they have a punishing run game. i'm worried about that. they have a mobile quarterback - i'm worried about that too. they also have a stifling defense, and that scares me as much as anything.

this will be by far the best team we've faced this year. this is going to be our crucible.

Archived