• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at NE. How will we fare against Brady if the front can't get any pressure?

janderson20vt

?

They were 2nd-3rd in the NFL in Rushing 

Top 3 in pretty much every rushing category?  Everyone had them best overall OL, no one could touch Kap (hence Brady being sacked 11 more times going into yesterday).  They could run the ball at will etc etc

Brady has been sacked as many times as Cam this year, and Were super Worried about our OL going against subpar DL (Not top DL and Front 7 in the NFL like Brady will be facing)

Good pass protection but not as good run blocking

When we start hitting Brady I will almost guarantee the flags will be flying. We'll be playing at home so hopefully the refs. give us a little slack (but I'm not going to be expecting it).

More reason to not worry about it and drive his ass in the ground like we did Palmer last year. If your going to get the flags might as well earn them.

Holy hell, is this serious?  Our front 4 will get pressure on Brady, his O-line has been kind of weak this year, and our defense is more designed to slow down and stop stand in the pocket QB's than runners which is why I was kind of surprised yesterday against SF.  The biggest issue is hitting Gronk in the mouth at the line and not letting him get off clean, I'm not worried about his other receivers, just particularly concerned with the matchup problem gronk will make.  With all of that said, our offense will look infinitely better against a soft run defense.  We'll need to score 28, and I think we will.

I'm just going with his Past history facing pressure

he's been sacked 26 times same as Cam, more than Kaep

He's been Hit 46 times (newton-38, Kaep-31)

Brady is going to get hit by our top DL and the whole world have seen what a couple Shots will do getting him rattled.

I like these rankings. Better than just looking at yards and sacks

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/OL

what kind of question is this?

first...if any team is unable to get pressure on the other team's QB they are in trouble. so silly little question right there.

secondly, what makes anyone think that would happen against the pats? we have the best front in the league. the best front seven in the league. the pats OL isn't as good as they used to be. the pats offense isn't as good as it used to be. brady isn't as good as he used to be...esp. under pressure, which he absolutely has been a lot and will be under a lot next monday night.

i have no doubts that our defense can get into the backfield next week. our defense is clicking on all cylinders and the pats aren't. seems like a perfect situation to stuff brady early and often.

i think our D will do just fine.

more than that, i think our defense just faced the best defense they are likely to face the rest of the year. the pats D isn't stout enough to keep this team back the way the seahawk and 49ers did.

brady is going to be frustrated a lot on monday and it's going to be made worse because i think he'll be playing from behind most of the game.

... We will get pressure.

Even if we don't, I'm sure our genius defensive coaches will scheme against their offense. We have speeeed. We seek, We swarm.

Gronk and.... Dobson? Admendola? ... Ridley?

I firmly believe Brady will be rattled, on his ass all night. And the atmosphere will be crazy, the likeness of the 2008 Monday night game. Some one you have yet to witness. You shall see our stadium in a way you have only dreamed. Prime-time is back, Panthers are back. Behold..

That place was LOUD

Peppers you bastard! You were loved!! But Fug YOU WE GOT MONSTERS INC

NE is ranked lower than SF in the Pass Protection part of those rankings

yeah, and not just that...but it puts the pats at the middle of the pack in that regard.

the run game is having some success, but as far as pass protection...it's just not happening all that well. brady is getting pressured and he isn't handling it well.

Archived