• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

need more prayers.... fml UPDATED; UPDATE 12/25

teeray

Welp.... mom didn't make it.  She passed away Dec. 23 at around 11:25 AM.

She fought, and fought.  But finally she just had had enough.  She actually made the final decision herself as she was cognizant enough to do so.  She said as best she could that she was tired and just wanted to be with Paul (my step father who passed away in Spetember) for Christmas.

To give you an idea of how fugged up her body was, when they took her off her meds it only took about 7 minutes for her to pass away.  She was comfortable for the end which we were all happy about.

For the sake of her grandkids (my nieces and nephews) we have had a pretty good Christmas, had some fun and laughs (coupled with short pauses for breakdowns) and I think we did our best considering the circumstances.

Thanks again for all the prayers and/or well wishes.  It has been a rediculous 3/4 months with three close family members (including the two patriarchs) passing in such a short time, with two of those pretty much unexpected.  But alas, the world keeps spinning and you have to plow forward with a smile on your face.  There is just no other way to deal with these things expect to focus on those you still have, while remembering without dwelling on those you have lost.  That is easier said than done.  But when these things happen you have two choices, use it as an excuse to spiral, or as motivation to love those around you even more, appreciate them even more, and cherish the time with the people are still here and that are important to you.

I was at the Panthers vs. Saints game the day before.  That game will always hold a special place in my heart.  That moment of euphoria was needed with the events that would transpire the very next morning, and will always remind me of the happiness that sports can bring, even in tough times, and I will always remember it for being a special moment before her passing and the two will forever be linked together.  The highest of highs and the lowest of lows, but that game will always remind me of mom, which makes it all the more special.

Thanks again guys and gals.  This place has served as one of many distractions during these tough times,  Even though I don't know any of you IRL you have all helped me through all this.  Thanks again, and sorry to post pooty news on Christmas Day, but figured I would just update everyone since you have all been so supportive!

Archived