• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What I Think Will Happen

NJPanthers12

This offseason is a critical offseason for us. We can either build on our momentum or continue to be an inconsistent franchise. After taking a few weeks to get over the loss to the Ninersi started to think about this offseason. This is what I expect or at least think will happen.

The Panthers start off by franchising Hardy and eventually signing him after they lock up Cam.

I think Cam gets a contract that will make him our franchise QB for the majority of his career.

I believe Jordan Gross signs a 2 year deal that is team friendly.

I expect the Panthers to work out deals with Mike Mitchell, Captain Munnerlyn, and Ted Ginn.

I expect the Panthers to cut loose Charles Godfrey and Dwan Edwards, as well as take a long look at Chase Blackburn.

I truly believe Hakeem Nicks takes a team friendly prove it short term contract with his hometown team.

Finally I expect and really believe DeAngelo Williams will be a July 1 cut

I agree with all of this; although the Godfrey situation will be interesting. I think he can be a solid player.

Getting Hicks is the huge X factor for the offense this off-season. Him signing changes the entire dynamic of what happens in the draft.

With Hicks: Get a shut down corner, O-line, and WR in first 3 rounds.

Without Hicks: Drafting a WR with the first pick.

This offseason is a critical offseason for us. We can either build on our momentum or continue to be an inconsistent franchise. After taking a few weeks to get over the loss to the Ninersi started to think about this offseason. This is what I expect or at least think will happen.

The Panthers start off by franchising Hardy and eventually signing him after they lock up Cam.

I think Cam gets a contract that will make him our franchise QB for the majority of his career.

I believe Jordan Gross signs a 2 year deal that is team friendly.

I expect the Panthers to work out deals with Mike Mitchell, Captain Munnerlyn, and Ted Ginn.

I expect the Panthers to cut loose Charles Godfrey and Dwan Edwards, as well as take a long look at Chase Blackburn.

I truly believe Hakeem Nicks takes a team friendly prove it short term contract with his hometown team.

Finally I expect and really believe DeAngelo Williams will be a July 1 cut

I don't think we can tag Hardy after we sign Cam since they would both have to fit under the cap at the time the contract and tender are signed.  Until we signed Hardy long term we would be cap strapped to sign anyone else which hamstrings us like we were with Peppers a few years back.  If we can't reach a long term deal with Hardy we will cut him lose or if we tag him we will have to know we can sign him long term or trade him.  We won't carry a 12 million cost and will be thinking long-term not a 1 year deal.  If we sign Cam in the meantime we will have to make sure his 2014 cap hit won't be more than the 7 million he will cost in 2014 already.

I agree we cut Godfrey and perhaps Edwards and  likely sign Munnerlyn, Florence and Ginn,

I also think we extend Olsen to reduce his cap hit.

I think it too early to say we sign Nicks until we see who else is available and what he wants.

And I really doubt that Williams is a June 1st cut.  If we cut Williams as a June 1st cut, he will cost 4.8 million for the next 2 years in dead cap space.  If we keep him in 2014 his cap hit is 6 million.  You don't get rid of him for a measly 1.2 million.

This would be a beautiful offseason, except I'm not sure we cut DeAngelo.  That's still a lot of dead money to carry into next year.  On a personal level, I'd hate to cut him because I really like him.  At the same time, he costs too much, and he's over the RB hill in terms of age.  He's not been terrible when looking at the big picture, but not playing up to his contract.

Why cut DeAngelo and hang on to Stewart? Given the recent history it seems Stew is the least dependable.

I'd be happy if it went down that way overall though.

I think we save a couple million with a June 1st cut.  Still some dead money but frees up cap space.

I think this was failry well thought out and might prove to be very close to accurate.  Personally I dont think we sign Nicks if we keep Hardy but hope I am wrong.

I really hope we can keep DWill. He is a good back and when you think about how Stewart never sees the field, it is good to have him around. People speak about his age a lot but for the bulk of his career he has split carries so maybe he has a few more good years in him, if not more. I hope something can be worked out with him. I believe we will franchise Hardy, we can't let him walk. A dominant Dline can work wonders for your secondary. Nicks I am unsure of. I guess we will see what happens

Archived