• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jon Beason: Would we have been better off?

Evengelion

Beason's 3 Pro Bowls were before his microfracture and Achilles surgeries. Jon Beason of 2013 is nowhere close to Jon Beason of 2008-2010. Did you forget that he lost his starting LB job to Chase Blackburn when he was here last year? Did you also forget that Beason is not on a rookie deal and would have cost roughly 8 million next year on an already cap strapped team?

At least you making a football response. So I can respect that. I know, the financial part could have been detrimental. But if we put that aside I think it's a viable scenario because Beason did finish the season healthy with the Giants. I think this was more a financial decision for Hurney than it was Xs and Os. And soon enough Keuchly will cost too.

It is only crazy logic if you don't understand it.  I was not talking about value--I was talking about his qualities as a football player.  Of Course, Cam is more important to the team than Luke and Cam is becoming an elite NFL qb if he is not already, but is he a better football player than Luke?  I asked for an example. 

By the way, isince you decided to discuss football logic-- didn't you start this thread? 

There aren't that many football player out there better than Cam and if Keuchly is one of them, the more power to him. There hasn't anything Keuchly accomplished at his position that Cam hasn't. And, since the QB position is probably the most high profile position in all of sport I'm 100% sure that Cam is better and more valuable than Keuchly by a long stretch.

At least you making a football response. So I can respect that. I know, the financial part could have been detrimental. But if we put that aside I think it's a viable scenario because Beason did finish the season healthy with the Giants. I think this was more a financial decision for Hurney than it was Xs and Os. And soon enough Keuchly will cost too.

With the new salary cap, every player who outperforms their rookie deal is going to cost money, whether it's our team or with others. We would be overpaying Beason at the worst time possible for our franchise when we need to keep studs like Hardy, and right now we've got Luke on a team friendly rookie deal. In the future, we can extend Luke when we can financially get out of albatross contracts Deangelo, Stewart, and Godfrey. 

I agree that MLB is not a "required" position to have a good team, however, Bobby Wagner for the Seahawks is no slouch.  

There aren't that many football player out there than Cam and if Keuchly is one of them, the more power to him. There hasn't anything Keuchly accomplished at his position that Cam hasn't. And, since the QB position is probably the most high profile position in all of sport I'm 100% sure that Cam is better and more valuable than Keuchly by a long stretch.

Cam has never won Player of the Year.

You can look at it 2 ways. 

Value- Luke will probably net 2 1st rd picks as well as some lower picks   A OT would probably at best would be valued at a 1st rd pick.

Another way to look at it. Remove Luke from all 16 games this season and place in that OT. How many net points to we lose/gain or how many games do we lose/win.

Our defense probably gives up alot more points without Keek. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a 4-7 pt swing. That would affect Alot of games this season

Based on your signature I can tell Keuchly is in your heart, so I don't expect you to think outside the box. Now imagine the defense suck next year like they were against the first Saints game and the OL can't protect Cam to make up for the defense' inability to stop anyone, again, like the game against NE.

Reif isn't going to help us sweep the Saints year in and year out and we beat the Pats...  And you don't need to try to bring in anyone's sig to fail at making a point.  My sig is merely a panther player talking poo to a division rival.  Although him being the best in the game is simply a coincidence.

I agree with you, but Evengelion (and Batman) have both been banned multiple times, these are just new usernames. And no, neither one of them are KT (sadly).

Crap. Is he that 'Blue Boy' idiot again?

Lord knows that goof was an utter moron too.

Come on man, you are ridiculous for even thinking of this topic. Regardless, WHO CARES? That's not how it turned out so whatever. We can do an endless amount of "what ifs" and absolutely none of them matter. 

Kuechly is the best player and heart and soul of one of the best defenses in the league. Switching him with Beason and a LT doesn't make us all of a sudden score 28/game. But his consistent missed tackles will make us go from giving up 14 a game to like 17 a game which would be a huge difference in many I our final outcomes this past year.

Even if you think of it this way their are still a lot of things you need to consider

Beason is 29 and has a high chance of re-injury.

Kuechly is 22, less prone to injury, and a better player.

Who would have been our MLB in 2012 in this situation?

Beason is also a free agent, and the money he will get could have been used towards signing an OT.

Simply put though, Keuchly is the best in the game at what he does and he could get us Reif and a high draft pick(s) if we wanted to trade him to Detroit.

Archived