• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Beginning Of The End: New Orleans Saints

philp

“Wow unbelievable,” Graham said.  “Shocked and disappointed on everything that’s gone on this offseason.”

He’s presumably referring to the release last month of linebacker Will Smith, cornerback Jabari Greer, and safety Roman Harper, Friday’s release of receiver Lance Moore, the news that running back Darren Sproles will be traded or cut, and the likely trade or release of running back Pierre Thomas.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/graham-shocked-and-disappointed-by-saints-offseason-moves/

Hahahaha, I LOVE everything about what's going on in their offseason.  It's only a matter of time before the saints and falcons occupy the bottom of the div for next decade.  Seriously though, Brees still has a few good years left in him, but it's only a matter of time.  It seemed to work out well for us when we purged our roster a few years ago...

c57832f3-7975-476c-ad0c-715542ca09db_smi

As long as they have Brees, Graham and Peyton, they will be dangerous...  But so far this offseason NO certainly hasn't gotten better...  I'm not familiar with their cap situation (I know they're strapped this year, but I don't know about next, and beyond), but they're going to have to manufacture a new philosophy as long as they have Brees' albatross contract hovering above them...  They'll have to shop in the bargain bin to find difference makers...  Sure Brees can make the offense look good, but you'll soon start to see a noticeable decline in his level of play...  Particularly if you combine his age with an offense devoid of much of the veteran presence it's had the past several years...

Yes, I believe this is the beginning of the end in New Orleans (albeit that it's likely to coincide more with Brees' age than cutting aging vets)...

I wonder how much players really understand the Cap situation some times, Graham is upset about all those players being cut and everything but is upset that he got the TE FT instead of a WR FT, does he realise that him getting that TE tag probably saved at least 1-2 players their roster spot?

Same thing going on in Carolina right now, taging Hardy basicaly ment that we arent going to get/keep 3-4 other players with that $13M Cap hit, there is a price for everything. but in Hardys case guaranteeing that we have the best front 7 in the NFL next season with that tag I believe is well worth it.

you see, jimmy, when your "selfless" leader demands to be the highest paid QB in the league and is so adamant about it that he holds out and then your top receiving threat (that would be you) feels disrespected by the still insane amount of money he's being offered, your team gets backed into a corner financially and has to cut ties with members of your team and is forced to replace them with subpar talent.

you  and that precious mole-faced QB had to decide, jimbo, to either play on a complete team that can stay dominant year in and year out....or force the team to give you what you think you deserve. you can't have it both ways.

in short, suck it ginger.

Archived