• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "lurking" on James Jones

Catalyst

From the what I saw he was good but I still wonder how much was him and how much was A rod.

The fact he played with Rodgers is a big time plus for us.  Rodgers puts a lot of heat on his passes and moves around just like Cam.  Our wrs had a hard time catching his bullets with consistency.  Already the norm for Jones....plus big redzone threat and good athlete.

1st day of FA  guys get 5-12 million

2nd day                        4-7 million

3rd day                         2-5 million  (we are now getting into our territory)

Yeah. .. and he is good

Not denying that Panthro, I've admired Jones' game from afar... IIRC, we were rumored to have been looking at him in a trade two years ago.

Problem is, he is limited and I believe he has already hit his ceiling. Without looking, for some reason I think he is right around 30 and his skill set just seems suited for a slot guy, borderline #2. It would be an upgrade from what we've had but not a huge one.

It's just hard to imagine whatever we do will negate all the losses we have incurred.

Archived