• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has this week calmed your Gettle-fears?

mav1234

My only problem with this FA is letting smith go. I don't care about all that cam leader Mumbo jumbo and we are still paying him 5mil to play for another team. But I could look past all that if gman just fuging respecting the greatest panther of all time. And before a huge argument breaks out about this, everyone should atleast be able to agree Smitty should've been showed respect.

Dream scenario where no one can bash Gettleman. Sign Britt and Thomas. Pray Lewan falls with these charges and grab that WR frm Vandy in the second.

QB: Cam Newton

RB: DeAngelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart

FB: Mike Tolbert

WR: Kenny Britt

WR: Jordan Matthews

Slot: Jerricho Cotchery

TE: Greg Olsen

LT: Taylor Lewan

LG: Amini Silatolu

C: Ryan Kalil

RG: Nate Chandler

RT: Byron Bell

DE: Charles Johnson

UT: Dwan Edwards/Kawann Short

NT: Star Lotulelei

DE: Greg Hardy

SLB: Chase Blackburn/AJ Klein

MLB: Luke Kuechly

WLB: Thomas Davis

CB: Antoine Cason

SS: Roman Harper

FS: Charles Godfrey

Nickel: Terrell Thomas

CB: Melvin White

I mean this team is better than last year. No doubt.

Dream scenario where no one can bash Gettleman. Sign Britt and Thomas. Pray Lewan falls with these charges and grab that WR frm Vandy in the second.

QB: Cam Newton

RB: DeAngelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart

FB: Mike Tolbert

WR: Kenny Britt

WR: Jordan Matthews

Slot: Jerricho Cotchery

TE: Greg Olsen

LT: Taylor Lewan

LG: Amini Silatolu

C: Ryan Kalil

RG: Nate Chandler

RT: Byron Bell

DE: Charles Johnson

UT: Dwan Edwards/Kawann Short

NT: Star Lotulelei

DE: Greg Hardy

SLB: Chase Blackburn/AJ Klein

MLB: Luke Kuechly

WLB: Thomas Davis

CB: Antoine Cason

SS: Roman Harper

FS: Charles Godfrey

Nickel: Terrell Thomas

CB: Melvin White

I mean this team is better than last year. No doubt.

My fat, disabled ass would do backflips if this was to come to fruition.

This week has done a lot to calm my fears. Gettleman seems to have gotten doppelgangers for all the role players we lost: Harper for Mitchell, Cason for Florence, Cotchery for Lafell, Underwood for Ginn. Then I imagine he expects either Godfrey or Lester to take over for Mikell, and King or McNutt to take the #4 WR spot of Hixon's.

Now all we need is a number one wide receiver and a left tackle. Those positions aren't important or anything, right? But if we go WR in the 1st and OT in the 2nd or vice versa, I think this team is in a good position, if not better off. So yeah, I'm feeling a lot better this week, then say, the day Steve Smith was cut.

And this is exactly why nobody should panic in the first week of free agency to begin with.  There's just no point.  There's a reason the offseason is almost 7 months long.  Teams aren't made or broken in the first week of free agency.  Period.

So...you mean players do actually want to play here? 

The meltdown on this board over the last few days was epic, and pathetic.  "OMG...we just let all our average to below average players walk.  Our GM sucks!"  

SMH.  

Gettleman knows what he is doing.  And he is doing it marvelously!  

My only problem with this FA is letting smith go. I don't care about all that cam leader Mumbo jumbo and we are still paying him 5mil to play for another team. But I could look past all that if gman just fuging respecting the greatest panther of all time. And before a huge argument breaks out about this, everyone should atleast be able to agree Smitty should've been showed respect.

This

I wouldn't call it fear, more like concern. I am cautiously optimistic, I like the moves. We need more, which I anticipate.

WR is still a concern, as is our OL, but that is why I am looking forward to the draft.

If we could somehow convince him to fire Shula I may even crack a smile.

Its obvious that all the hate was triggered by releasing Smith. The media didn't help and unfortunately it seems like most of the huddle bought into it. If you don't think gettleman knew what the backlash would be, you're insane. Hell he told everyone what his plan would be in his post season press conference.

Exactly...The media is always stirring the pot about things the Panthers do,or don't do. Sadly, a lot of fans panic and buy into their verbage, when they should be taking it like a  grain of salt.

As far as having "Gettle-fears",this is something that never entered my mind. He is working his rearend off attempting to get us good talent with the limited amount of money available,thereby getingt us out of the cap hell we are currently in.

Gettleman  realizes we have to presently bite the bullet and not keep pushing money down the road on foolish high bucks contracts and dumb restructures. These are the type actions that will hit teams like the Cowboys and other big spenders  hard, when it is eventually time to pay for these deals.

Archived