• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some veterans will be major cut bait next season.. holy crap.

thunderraiden

I love Thomas Davis, but I would not be the slightest bit surprised if we draft Ryan Shazier with our first round pick and let him learn under TD this year and cut him next year. Shazier is a flat out baller and TD would be very similar to the Smitty situation this year.

Wait... What! We are not drafting LBer with our 28 pick. Are you crazy. TD is likely here for another few years. We have bigger issues then our LB core. In fact we are set for the next few years with the LBer core. Unless out of no where DG says TD is been release. Don't expect him to be gone after this season. Where did you get that crazy  idea that we would draft a LBer in the first this year.lol Almost 100% sure we draft olineman/WR with the first 2 picks of the draft.

You can't cut every player because it saves you money.  While the scenarios are quite possible I believe Gettleman will figure out a way to keep those that produce to a level that makes us competitive enough to win the Super Bowl.

A player that has a so so year (and I am not talking about stats either) than cutting them to save money isn't a bad idea but a player that produces to a high level you just do get rid of.  You might save a million or two but if your team falters because you dumped a quality player.  You're probably not going to be GM very long.

Wait... What! We are not drafting LBer with our 28 pick. Are you crazy. TD is likely here for another few years. We have bigger issues then our LB core. In fact we are set for the next few years with the LBer core. Unless out of no where DG says TD is been release. Don't expect him to be gone after this season. Where did you get that crazy  idea that we would draft a LBer in the first this year.lol Almost 100% sure we draft olineman/WR with the first 2 picks of the draft.

Gettleman has said time and time again that he will pick BPA and he doesn't draft based on need. His history with the Giants and last year show how much he values defense. He also has said that he is setting the team up for long term success meaning that he's not only looking at current team needs but also projecting future needs.

Thomas Davis is over 30 and had 3 ACL surgeries. He will also cost a decent amount and will save money by being released next year (which Gettleman has shown via the Smitty situation that reputation doesn't keep anyone on the team). Meanwhile, Shazier is an absolute ballplayer. All I'm saying is don't be surprised if he is the pick. I wouldn't be surprised if we add a DE or two in the draft either.

Archived