• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Greg Hardy Arrested

This is kind of befuddling.  Hardy always played the "crazy football god" on the field, but off it, seemed be completely affible and funny.  I look forward to the facts coming to light because this is incredibly serious.  We just don't know, but I am extremely surprised and disapointed.

If this whole thing were to turn false, the damage to Hardy's reputation would be signifigant.  He wants to make $15 million a year, and he is smart enough to know that he can't do things like this.  I doubt the draft or anything would have something to do with this because it's the way the NFL works, younger guys come in yearly to compete with you. 

It's distressing as a Panther fan.  I was just talking about Jeremy Bridges a while ago...  I hope that there was a misunderstanding or something else, but we need to see what the facts are.  Right now, Greg's not looking good.  He's too big, strong, and rich to evr have to lay hands on a woman.  That shouldn't ever enter his thoughts.

What if Greg was your brother? And he was attached to some crazy bitch who completely made the whole thing up (or more realistically, COMPLETELY exaggerated the event), and due to that, your brother lost millions of dollars, had to serve jail time, and tarnished his good name forever.

Did that happen? Prolly not. But DV ACCUSATIONS are no joke either. And yes, when it comes to people of money and power, the opportunities for others to take advantage are always there.

You're not some hero just because you posted 3 sentences on a message board that 99% of people agree with u on.

I am not passing judgement on hardy, I hope to god it's not true. I am just making a point about DV period. It is not a joke, it's despicable.

The question we face now is what do we do with him.

Three times is a trend and you can no longer treat each incident as isolated occurences and have to assume he'll do something stupid again.

Yes, we do have leverage at the table now, but is that the direction we want to go? He has some trade value though it's admittedly no where near what it was 24 hours ago and the best you could hope for is a lower round pick more than likely.

If we outright release him, then we no longer have to contort contracts with other players around his deal, which is a nice, but at this stage of the offseason may not mean much.

What an idiot.