• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pats claim RB Tyler Gaffney off waivers

UNCrules2187

Yeah Gaffney has great potential.  We already have 5 to 6 RBs active, so why was there a pressing need to waive him to sign Whitaker, who won't make the roster anyway?  Just let him hold a spot until camp ends and IR him.  This was fuging stupid.

It makes you think maybe they're more concerned than they let on about D'lo slowing down and Stewart injury wise.  They're looking for a RB to get some playing time.  

I thought Gaffney to be very similar to a Kevin Faulk type contributor and they may have found that.

I believe they could have kept him on the active roster untill the first game and that put him on I.R ...just read the rules on IR candidates.FO fugged up on this one

Big time..just Google it and read and weep

If you keep him on the active roster until after final cuts you have to waive one healthy player you want on your 53-man roster, then IR Gaffney and hope no one claims said player (unlikely) so you can put him back on the roster. That seems like a good idea to you?

What Panthers did is something every team does in this situation. Just the Past being the Pats and saying FU to the NFL-etiquette.

This is a poo rule unless they move cuts up before first preseason game. When you have a bunch of injuries to same position you have to fill it up, if you want to keep a player you have to send him through waivers so you can sign another player

i dont know if i believe this at all. @Patriots hasnt posted it yet either. maybe @Panthers wouldnt. but @Patriots most likely would. this smells really really bad

What further proof do you need than knowing it is an cheap, unclassy move and the Pats are invovled?  That's all the evidence you need.

6th round running back who fuged his knee up in his first real practice as a rookie.  Unfortunately for him, his NFL career won't amount to much.

This is the most optimistic spin I can put on this given the suck-balls'ness of this situation.  Just FML on this little "gambling exercise" by our FO.  Probably Beane's idea.

Did we just lose a 6th round draft pick who was out for the year?

Well this franchise just took a huge step back.

5-11 here we come

I wouldn't care that much if it wasn't the Patriots. fuging scumbag classless organization.

Archived