• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I think Steeler fans are lubing up for Sunday already...

thunderraiden

ebsteelers

new prediction

panthers 42

steelers 0

who the heck is covering bengie either?

cam for 6 td passes. bout to throw up on these new dress shoes

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=1372386&postcount=64

This was one of their senior posters.

This entire thread I linked to is pretty hilarious.

Stairway to 7

Seeing as we haven't scored TD in 1 1/2 games, 3.5 spread is low in my opinion, I don't bet with my heart very often and no way am I passing up Carolina -3 to do so, (i'll buy the half point) against a team that has been woeful for 3/4 of the season so far.

Anything can happen in the NFL, but i'd make this 6-7 point spread type of game. I'd want at least 7.5 to bet the Steelers.

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,364 Times in 566 Posts

icon1.gif Re: The Panthers...
I don't like this matchup in the slightest. I had us beating Baltimore because Baltimore seems to matchup well against us being the division rivals that we are and I expected a dogfight from the Steelers going in. We didn't get it. Carolina is the complete opposite of the Steelers right now. They are consistent, are playing well and have been legitimate contenders in their respective Conference over the last few years. I don't like this game and my expectations have been lowered, especially going on the road. It would be nice to steal one here and beat a good team for once as we gear up for an otherwise light schedule (knock on wood.)

well damn. it must be a pretty sad time to be steeler fan.

Little ballsy to call a speed offense soft. Carolina's secondary is weak, and the NFC South doesn't play against a fast, balanced offense like Pittsburgh's. Atlanta may have Julio Jones, but they lost Gonzalez. The Saints may have Graham, but are weak on the boundary regarding receiver depth. The Bucs may have Doug Martin, but Vincent Jackson isn't what he used to be, and no one is scared of McCown.

Roethlisberger, Brown, Bell and Wheaton boast one of the best offenses the Panthers will play all season. Cason and White are going to struggle covering the speed of Brown. If guys like Joe Haden struggle, there isn't a chance Cason is going to slow him down. 

If Greg Hardy is sat once again, it could indeed get ugly on Sunday.

wut?

VERY NEXT POST:

Seeing as we haven't scored TD in 1 1/2 games, 3.5 spread is low in my opinion, I don't bet with my heart very often and no way am I passing up Carolina -3 to do so, (i'll buy the half point) against a team that has been woeful for 3/4 of the season so far.

Anything can happen in the NFL, but i'd make this 6-7 point spread type of game. I'd want at least 7.5 to bet the Steelers.

Unfortunately I will be out of town and watching on the tube. I usually bring my vocals to BOA and it kills me I won't on Sunday with the inevitable black and yellow invasion. For those going-PLEASE for the love of Pete drown out those jackazzes by bringing the pain and noise, more than EVER!!!!!!!

Archived