• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Adrian Peterson deactivated AGAIN indefinitely

thunderraiden

Folks like it not we need to follow suite. We need to deactivate this morning. The media focus is about go 100% toward our organization. Players are sick of discussing it. Just as easy as the 38-0 victory over the Gaints last seaon was a spring board for our 12-4 season this could become major distraction and our 2-0 start will be forgotten. I love what Hardy brings on the field but his out the field distraction could distrubt what could be a magical season. The 53 are greater than the 1. It wasn't like we were going to sign him to a long term deal anyway. Cut our losses and move on without him.

Right or wrong, what pisses me off the most is that the decisions are obviously being made based on outside influence and not what the team really believes is right.

Even as a forum many of us are divided on how this should have been/should be handled.  I guess I wasn't prepared as a fan to face the season without Greg Hardy, so the idea of him being gone really bothers me.  If he's guilty of harming a woman (as determined by the upcoming jury trial), then he will get his punishment through the legal system as well as from the NFL.  Until then, he should be playing football and earning that pay.

As others have stated, if he is far too distracted to concentrate then it's best we part ways and wish him well.  I just hate how this whole thing has gone down.

I assume at this point Hardy will soon be suspended for the remainder of the season.

Never mind justice, or the constitution, this is a private club and they couldn't give a sh!t about Hardy or doing what is right.

The new rule will be that any player accused of dv will be immediately suspended until the final verdict is handed down by the court. If the player is later found innocent, then he can return (assuming a team will hire him). It's irrelevant to the NFL if the suspension ruins the players reputation and career. We've now reached the point where any woman feeling spurned, or otherwise upset with an NFL player, can make a false accusation (or threaten to do so for power) and ruin that players career and reputation.

This is what the media has wrought. Disgusting. Shameful. And the worst part is that they couldn't care less about domestic violence.

What got this ball rolling, was the Josh Gordon suspension in contrast to Ray Rice, then the video.  Hardy's misdemeanor charge and first time offense happened at the wrong time and will cost him millions.

I also think a lot of this is the Media trying to avoid talking about ISIS and other bad news for their preferred political party and gives them the opportunity to declare themselves morally superior while they exam the 'root causes' of Domestic Violence and its association with the 'violent' NFL.

They will never ground any rise in domestic violence/crime to the break down of the family, fatherless homes, decline in Morality(Christianity) in the public square, etc.  It is instead caused by us and the violent culture of things like the NFL and video games which 'MAKE' men violent and 'beat women'.

Yeah good luck Greg with your future career. Just don't try to start your own business, or otherwise work. No one wants an accused woman beater who must have been guilty because he was suspended. Good luck suing the NFL and Miss Cokehead. It's going to sting if we win the SB, but hey you can thank the media.

The Panthers suspended Rae Carruth immediately following the shooting of his pregnant girlfriend.

He did not receive due process, and the only witness was a girl who was dying on life support, heavily medicated, and in no condition to testify about anything.

Would you people be screaming to let Rae play back then?

If you think the Hardy situation (2 misdemeanors) is anywhere close to the Rae Carruth situation (felony capital murder) then you can live in your world where reasonable, rational thinking doesn't apply. Smh....

When you disregard the Bill of Rights tenants of 'Due Process' and 'Presumption of Innocence' does this not weaken the foundation and principles expressed within the Bill of Rights? Does one still have freedom of speech outside of government activities? Or does freedom of speech no longer exist when applied to the private sector?

When has freedom of speech ever applied to the private sector? How does the bill of rights apply to this at all?

Archived