• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2013 - 2014 Wide Receiver Comparisons

Jeremy Igo

I thought when we "lost" all  our wrs that it wasn't going to be a big of a deal that everyone was making it out to be. Don't get me wrong, I miss Steve Smith and still considers him the best player in franchise history but look at our passing numbers from last year. There were not that spectacular to say the least. In fact, we had the worst passing team in the playoffs last season. I was actually looking forward to some fresh faces out there and I like what we got from this group. KB was my choice before the draft so I was thrilled to see him picked and now he is contributing to our team.

The TD difference is a lot more important I think, and honestly our last passing TD came in garbage time so it's really three. .....

I think I'd rather have the 2013 stats thus far. That said our WR core has been plenty fine and I am satisfied wit how they've played. They get the job done and might be the secnd strongest part of our offense

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Can we have a comparison of Offensive Lines?

Mind you the 1st 3 games in 2013 we averaged 151 Rushing yards per game.

This year a pathetic 72 yards Rushing per game.

A healthy DWill made a huge difference as well, Stewart was pedaling a bike.

At least in KB however, we finally have someone who out gained Greg Olsen who was the leading receiver through 3 games in 2013 and is second behind KB this year logging about a dozen yards less per game.

Kelvin Benjamin has the speed and hands of a WR and the body of a DE. He has the potential to be a Calvin Johnson type player for us. Picking him was the right choice, and he's only confirming that with each new fingertip catch he makes. OL guys weren't there this year.

I have faith that Gettleman will build the O line over time, with quality players that he won't overpay.

I really hope Gettleman doesn't leave KB out to dry like the Panthers did to Smitty for so many years. Lock Cam up, draft another young stud WR and you're set for years to come. I really hope Ealy ends up being a monster because Allen Robinson was taken a pick after, someone who I thought would've been a perfect compliment WR to KB

I was actually just asking because I could swear he only has 1 TD and that was on a return. His receiving stats according to ESPN are 3 rec off 6 targets for 37 yards, no TD.

In the first 3 games last year, both of Ginn's TDs were 40+ yd bombs. One against Buffalo and the other against the Giants

Archived