• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Is ON WFNZ Having A Confessional, Won't Let the Story End

FootballMaestro

this has only happened to one guy in nfl history, and that's steve smith

Pretty much.

But sports isn't a business! !!!

This particular team certainly wasn't run like a business before Gettleman got here.

(Smitty's honestly not the only player to whine a little bit about that fact)

Not too many guys that have meant what Steve did to this organization have been let go by their teams the way he was.

Peyton, Montana, Rice, Brees, Warner, etc. The list goes on and on. It's a business. Smitty has every right to be angry, and I would be too, but he needs to understand that this stuff just happens. Can't blame anyone, it had to be done.

oh okay so if they're different things then i guess you have no business trying to make it personally relatable to anyone here then

glad we're done with that

If they want to try to compare what Steve meant to the panthers, vs what they mean to their organization then I want to hear it.

You have a family?

you know there are people who get paid a lot less than millions of dollars doing harder poo than getting paid to play a game that don't get to see their families

if steve smith didn't want to be away from his family. he could have you know retired.

i guess that's steve smith being selfish with his millions and his 4 kids and wife. smitty is looking for pity from people like you.

yes i'm going to pity a man that already has MILLLIONS, knows how to invest his money properly, for being away from his family when he could be retired at the age of 35.

gtfo

If you believe half that poo you are gullible. I guarantee you that most of that stuff wasn't said.

That might have been what Smitty heard, but not what was said. If you get my meaning.

I'm pretty sure a good deal (maybe even the vast majority) of what Smitty claims was 'said' to him probably wasn't.  It's just how he took it.  It's the old 'so what you're really saying to me is' thing.

Sad to see this stuff, but I wan't exactly expecting to hear an evenhanded version of events from Smitty anyway.

Archived