• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just wondering

Bozarden

When the returner touches the Ball outside of the endzone and proceeds to run into the endzone and Take a knee shouldnt this be ruled a safety? Because that clearly happened in our game against baltimore last week and it was rouled a touchback

It happened with 3.30 left in the 3rd quarter, just after our field goal, if anyone wanted to Take a look themselves.

I know this is Bears week but i just found that play really Strange and cant get it out of my head

If momentum takes them into the endzone it is not ruled a safety. They rule was actually changed because it happened to IIRC Doug Evans on an INT.

Not sure it's similar.

But what happened to Evans happened to Thomas Davis in 2007 vs the Cowboys.

When the returner touches the Ball outside of the endzone and proceeds to run into the endzone and Take a knee shouldnt this be ruled a safety? Because that clearly happened in our game against baltimore last week and it was rouled a touchback

It happened with 3.30 left in the 3rd quarter, just after our field goal, if anyone wanted to Take a look themselves.

I know this is Bears week but i just found that play really Strange and cant get it out of my head

I thought the same thing at the time. I was freaking out about it because f*ck momentum that should be a damn safety. Returners need to have the awareness to get out of the end zone if their own momentum takes them back in, before kneeling the ball. 

I saw it too but then the commentators didn't even touch on it. The returner was clearly in the field of play it took a weird hop he touched it and then went back in the endzone I thought it was clearly a safety but they didn't even mention why it wasn't.

Archived