• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Godfrey

doghead28

I'll just say this....

It was obvious in training camp Godfrey was not an NFL caliber nickel even to the most inexperienced eyes.

So with a defensive guru at head coach. What does that say when he keeps putting him out there in that position? ?

I have been trying to figure that out for months now. I really have no answer.

Hopefully Bene will be back in a couple weeks.

This is getting like the Nakamara situation all over again.

And for Rivera to be a defensive genius and keep putting players who suck out there on the field. Should make people question his defensive amplitude.

CJ was getting stopped dead in his tracks on long developing pass plays. CJ was told during the game to use a bull rush and contain Rogers in the pocket due to the fact that the DT were getting great push early in the game. CJ's bull rush was a total failure, and he stopped rushing the passer after his intial push failed, which gave Rogers plenty of time. CJ was either totally exhausted, injured, or doesn't care anymore.

I think he's hurt. He hasn't done much other than bullrush all season. There's gotta be something in his hip that isn't firing right. 

So with a defensive guru at head coach. What does that say when he keeps putting him out there in that position? ?

This is my main problem with the Godfrey thing. 

It's obvious he can't play nickel so why do they keep putting him there.  It's like playing Luke at CB then getting angry that he can't compete.   Teams are salivating and scheming to get Godfrey into man on man situations.  I'm sure any CB could play that position better. 

As far as Safety, I don't think Godfrey is worst than Decoud or Harper.  So if it wasn't obvious already we have to get him out of that position.  Period end of.

I think he's hurt. He hasn't done much other than bullrush all season. There's gotta be something in his hip that isn't firing right. 

An injury wouldn't surprise me at all. If he had played like this before his new contract it wouldn't have been anywhere near 72 million dollars. I saw him using a speed rush against GB, but he got blocked so wide that he was nowhere near Rogers. We really need Hardy, but no use beating that dead horse.

Godfrey is horrible. But the coaches are the ones asking him to do something he has no chance on being successful at....

So I am not even going to hate on him....Gettlemen is at fault. In an offensive and defending the pass league he has given the worst OL and secondary. Could easily argue he is too front 7 focus.....which NYG often got accused of

Archived