• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

thomas davis speaks

We did it with Steve.

Steve has had 0 off the field incidents, everything Steve hasever done occurred in a football setting. Gettleman came in and didn't like it. Steve is going to be Steve. We are missing his leadership on offense. The quarterback can't be the one getting in guys faces and challenging them, especially not Cam. Steve was a guy that would challenge his teammates and hold them accountable. We don't have that fire on offense anymore. Steve was probably the most respected leader in that locker room and he's gone. So is Gross. When you replace leadership on the fly like that, it's not just going to magically be ok. This team is getting punched in the mouth, punked. Somebody has to stand up and say enough.

I can take a loss, but we've been blown out in every loss of the season.

Steve has had 0 off the field incidents, everything Steve hasever done occurred in a football setting. Gettleman came in and didn't like it. Steve is going to be Steve. We are missing his leadership on offense. The quarterback can't be the one getting in guys faces and challenging them, especially not Cam. Steve was a guy that would challenge his teammates and hold them accountable. We don't have that fire on offense anymore. Steve was probably the most respected leader in that locker room and he's gone. So is Gross. When you replace leadership on the fly like that, it's not just going to magically be ok. This team is getting punched in the mouth, punked. Somebody has to stand up and say enough.

I can take a loss, but we've been blown out in every loss of the season.

Until proven guilty the only off the field incident for Hardy is hanging with the wrong people.

Hmmmmm so they are lacking in intensity.

Who would have thunk it.

i see stuff like this and i want to feel like maybe they are getting it, but i've been a fan for too long. I've heard this song sung in the past and it always amoubts to just words, words, and more words. excuses. justifications. anything but positive action and results.

call me jaded. call me a bad fan. i'm just tired of the disappointment. i need them to turn this thing around, but until i see it i'm just not a believer. what i see now is the same old panthers who had their random winning season and gave you just enough to keep from losing hope altogether.

frankly, i'm just about ready for something new.

The saying of 'a picture worth a thousand words' is true in this case

Go back and look at Jeremy's picture in the Klein thread, at the clean jerseys, the answer is found there.

Just sad.

As I often say and mean as a season ticket holder, it isn't that the Panthers lose, it's how they lose.

when I first saw that picture I was thinking it must have been very early in the game. Then on further review seeing Klein calling the signals and I thought how the hell are our dlineman that clean.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Ah yes, the age old Pittsburgh gave him 25 million argument!

Riddle me this batman, does he even get offered 25 million if we lock him up during the season????? If the FO would have extended his contract in season, LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE, then Mitchell would still be here! He would have never even been able to test FA and he would have stayed. He loved this team!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it Gettlemagic lovers

Totally agree. After coming in and doing what I thought Hurney had neglected for years, drafting Star and KK, putting together a 12-4 team adding Ginn, Mitchell and other nice pieces I had the guy in pretty high regard. Since then he's made quite a few mistakes. The first being Steve Smith, second Ginn, third Mitchell and so on. Harper?!? If Smitty is telling the truth from his side of the story Mr. Gettleman has a lot to learn about humility and respect for others. Very disappointed

Just stop. It's as if I'm listening to kindergarten kids. Our defense was absolutely fine in the first two weeks of the season. We freaking limited Calvin Johnson, Eric Ebron, Matthew Stafford, Golden Tate, etc to seven points without Greg Hardy and Mike Mitchell.

...interesting insult from a guy throwing a tantrum because someone disagrees with him. Yea, this team held the lions down in week 2, but this is week 7, and our defense HAS been blown off the field every single week since. Either the problem is personnel or its coaching, and since this system worked to a top 3 defensive ranking last year, it seems like a personnel problem. Mitchell is not a pro bowler, and not worth what Pitt paid him, but he was great in our system and was infinitely better than either of our safety's right now. If you don't see that, you're blind. Good defenses have a down game every now and then, I agree, but this isn't a good defense right now, and it has been for long enough to be more than an aberition. If anything, at this point the lions game is the aberition, and last week, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, and Cincinatti are the norm. But yea, I'm the kindergartner...

Archived