• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ok, let's say Hardy is reinstated and plays on MNF

Hotsauce

He is not in football shape. He is not in FOOTBALL shape..... He hasn't been at the BOA facility since he has been out. Sitting and collecting his game checks for rapping. Maybe some running and pumping iron at most.He wouldn't be ready to go full bore for a few weeks after reinstatement. Season would be just about over. Let's move on...it is over here for him.

I don't get why so many people here think Greg Hardy would need a "couple of weeks" to get back into football shape.  First things first, Hardy is still one of the best athletes in the NFL at his position when you consider his size, speed, acceleration, and strength.  Second, do people think Hardy has just sat in his living room the entire time doing nothing but watching television, movies, and eating garbage?  There is a reason these guys are in the NFL and Hardy isn't Haynesworth.  NFL players aren't your average human.  They aren't just going to suddenly get out of shape out of nowhere even if they stopped working out.  

But lets look at Vincent Jackson for example.  It may have taken him a couple of weeks to put up top flight production (but Jackson was not a top flight receiver, albeit a very good one) but he played immediately and would soon have a game with 100+ yards and 3 TDs after holding out for the first 10 weeks.  And I would argue the curve at wide receiver is steeper than it is at defensive end considering a lot of it is natural instincts with the DE position.

Hardy wouldn't turn around our defense, I don't think that.  He'd help, sure, but the problems that exist now would still exist with him outside of a more consistent pass rush.  But I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take Hardy a couple of weeks to even step on the field. 

This season is over...face it. The offense is in shambles, special teams is subpar,coaching is suspect at best, and the players starting to complain to the media. There isn't going to be any super hero's coming in to save the day. Hardy at this point wouldn't solve the main problems.

Yea, I've read that he's told teammates he's working out on his own.  So "getting into football shape" is not an issue.  Do I think we're automatically back to where we were last year?  No.  I think the morale of the team might be one factor preventing that.  Will he make a HUGE impact?  Absolutely. 

He is not in football shape. He is not in FOOTBALL shape..... He hasn't been at the BOA facility since he has been out. Sitting and collecting his game checks for rapping. Maybe some running and pumping iron at most.He wouldn't be ready to go full bore for a few weeks after reinstatement. Season would be just about over. Let's move on...it is over here for him.

Not like he's at home doing what the huddle does... RR said he has been continuing to workout. what that consists of, only they truly know. But surely it would be absolutely retarded to expect to play and not workout. just saying. Inspite of his choice he's still is a professional that still in hungry... nevertheless, he would mentally boost the defense but this does nothing for the offense in which they are responsible for tiring out the defense with lack of points, short drives, turnovers, 3 and outs, and lack of first downs. oh and Shula...smh

It will take him a game or two to get back to game speed, but he will make a big difference to our D.

My only concern is Hardy is not himself bc he truly can't be the Kraken with the off field attention and this is part of his mystique.

No. He would play limited snaps and not be that good.

He still doesn't change the fact our secondary is worse than last year. Even with the same pressure we got last year more plays would made on this D than last year.

Archived